Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dementieva

Linda Beck and J.T. Davis

dementieva
10 years ago

I haven't posted many pictures this year, but I want to share this one because it shows how much similarity there is between the two flowers despite the color differences. LINDA BECK (left) is a child plant from J.T. DAVIS.

I had to prop them apart with an old scape because they were leaning into each other.

Nate

Comments (9)

• booberry85
    10 years ago

That combination looks beautiful together!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Lovely together. I know that Linda Beck is an excellent plant because I've had it for several years. Is J.T. Davis that type of plant too? LB Opens well in early morning, is a very free bloomer and reblooms. Blooms nicely above the foliage.

kay

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

They are both very pretty and their forms are very similar.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

They look great together! The shapes and the throats are nearly identical, and they look about the same height.

Debra

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Love them, Linda Beck is getting higher on my wish list all the time, the more I hear about it.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last fall I bought those two plus AMERICAN FREEDOM, which is another J.T. DAVIS kid, and I love all three.

Just from photos I didn't see anything special about J.T. DAVIS to separate it from the many other yellow round ruffled daylilies, but it won the Stout award, it has a ton of registered child plants, and it was recommended as a rust-resistant plant, so I thought it was worth a try. Well, it is very bright in the garden and stands out from a distance, and it almost always opens cleanly and early.

LINDA BECK has mostly opened well, although sometimes the sepals don't want to curl back until later in the day.

AMERICAN FREEDOM does pretty well too, although it sometimes hangs up on its ruffles.

Since they're still new, none of them are quite the right height yet and they've bloomed at odd times. So I will have to wait until next year to make a stronger recommendation.

As for rust, they're all pretty good, but none of them is completely "rust-proof."

Here's AMERICAN FREEDOM to round out the bunch. It usually has a little more blush; this was on one of its paler days.

Nate

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I like americaan freedom,That is very pretty,

jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful photo of the two. I really like both of them.
    Linda

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Lovely photo of two of my favorite daylilies!

Nancy

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations