Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Monday Bits and Pieces

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Not nearly up to last year's numbers yet, but there are 27 re-blooming now. Sever of them have never re-bloomed before.

Here is Black Fathom Depths on Rebloom:

Mask of Time:

Mean as a Snake:

Crimson Edges:

Malaysian Monarch:

Carnival in Brazil (a little rain splotched)

Bass Gibson:

Mississippi Momento:

Bird Talk:

Wild Apple Autumn:

kay

Comments (17)

• shive
    10 years ago

The Mask of Time clump is impressive with five nice blooms, and Bass Gibson has enough teeth to gnaw through a deer in no time, but my favorites are Crimson Edges and Wild Apple Autumn. Mississippi Memento is very nice too!

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Carnival In Brazil shows it will hold up in the rain. I have that one too and l love it. Mississippi Momento is so pretty with that big watermark.Bass Gibson is showing its teeth like a shark ;-). Crimson Edges is very striking with just the edges showing the purple /reddish color.
    All pretty Kay.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

27 is still a good number of rebloom. And I bet you will be getting more. I don't know what to pick for favorite as they are all so pretty. Maybe pick Mississippi Momento.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Another great group. Crimson Edges and Mississippi Momento are going to have to go on my list.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for looking and commenting. Crimson Edges has had some beautiful blooms, Debra, and Wild Apple Autumn is putting out some pretties after I got the Sluggo put out and killed the slugs. It was the third type of slug bait I had used and the only one that worked at all!

Carnival in Brazil is a pretty one with good substance, Julia, I agree. And I am really enjoying Bass Gibson this second year.

You were right, Rita. It is up to 35 re-blooms now. Every time I look, I find new ones it seems. Philistine Champion is putting up re-blooms this year, and it is doing it like a good many of them with 4 or more scapes!

Rita and Chris, I got Crimson Edges from Debra, and Mississippi Momento is probably my favorite bonus plant of all time. the blooms are so pretty! And it is in a horrible place. I have got to move it this fall.

kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

What a fabulous selection today! I especially like Mean As a Snake, Bass Gibson, Carnival In Brazil and my very favorite is Crimson Edges, love that ENE look.
    How many rebloomed last year?

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

It's hard to pick a favorite among so many fine daylilies. I'm torn between Crimson Edges and Mississippi Momento.

And of course, Bird Talk is truly exquisite. Mine has not bloomed this year after moving it. (sigh)

Nancy

• darobi2459
    10 years ago

Very beautiful Kay! Bass Gibson is a knock out, but look at mean as a snake! That stands out for me! What a purple :) Thanks Kay!

• mizellie
    10 years ago

I think they all look great. I think Bass Gibson has enough teeth to sink a ship. More teeth than I anyway..Ellie

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I've got to go with Mean as a Snake as my favorite again. I almost always perfer the round ruffly ones, but the color of this in your pictures is just an attention grabber. Placed next to Crimson Edge and they compliment each other. The others are nice too, but that pairing is really attractive to me......Maryl

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

Crimson Edge gets my vote.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I sure like all your bits and pieces no clear cut favorite for me.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

There is absolutely no way to pick a favorite. Your pictures are always so beautiful, I just enjoy all of them. Glad there is rebloom starting, we want to keep the DLS with us as long as possible. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks, Nat4b. I knew it was a lot, but didn't remember how many, so I looked up the list of them that I kept. I had 103 daylilies that re-bloomed last year, some of them had as many as 4 sets of scapes. I have only 35 so far this year, but I knew last year would probably be a record. That was about a third of them that re-bloomed last year.

They often pout when they are moved, Nancy, don't they?

Darobi and Maryl, that is the deepest purple I have here. so often purples are actually maroons or reds. Indian Giver is the closest I have to MAAS.

Thanks, Ellie. He is toothy.

It is a pretty one, Ikayd.

Thanks, Lida, and Avedon. Well, when bloom is over, I do get to sleep longer, Avedon. Since I post so many, it can be hard to pick one. The thing is, it's hard when so many are showing off.
    kay

• deangreen
    10 years ago

nice to have so many reblooming, I like the snake one the best. :)

• deangreen
    10 years ago

nice to have so many reblooming, I like the snake one the best. :)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, so many beauties. soo pretty, I LOVe that crimson edges. and also Mississippi Momento: is very pretty, too/ but that crimsom edges is gorgeous.

jean

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz