Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cool weather twins

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 19:58

The weather here has been cool for the last few days and it shows. The flowers aren't quite open and the color is less saturated. Hope the rest of the flowers look better.
Val

Lava Flow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cool weather twins

Wow, that one really is no way near open. Don't know what to say about the weather. It should slowely be warming up more as we get to the weekend.

o

That is what happened early when it was cool. It will normalize as the weather does, at least it did here.
kay

o

Not only did the flowers not open all the way, but they were mush by 5:30 tonight. Looked like they usually do the next morning.
Val

o

Isn't it ironic? This cool weather has been absolutely delightful with the windows open wide at night, and my dog is enjoying long walks and there are no mosquitos, and the lawn is pretty, and there is no air conditioning bill. But the poor daylilys are shivering and refuse to come out and play. In my yard I have noticed that the reds are opening best and the orange/peach/coral are having the hardest time.

Christine

o

It is disappointing when they try to open and you want to help them, but you know you can't. I bet in a couple of days we will be seeing better blooms.

lol! Christine, I like your comment about the daylilies coming out to play. That's cute.

Vickie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here