Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
something bought, something new, and something green... :) -----

Posted by deangreen 7b OK (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 20:10

both of these bloomed the other day, My Niche had it's first bloom, a very nice form and subtle color with green throat. the next one is a seedling that bloomed a few times last summer and doing better this year. It lacks the form of My Niche but has a really interesting green throat absolutely. also the tepals have a sort of yellow tone against the petals lavender? tint?... anyway, I went ahead and tried to cross the two, and then I also tried to cross this with Siloam Green Creek to see what I can get with a green throat again. ha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: something bought, something new, and something green... :) -

Those are all very pretty,I like them.

o

All three are very pretty. I'm a big fan of green throats. I really like the form of your seedling. The shape of the petals allows you to see more of the sepals which on this flower appear to be very well formed.
Val

o

Love the veining in the last one.

o

Love green throats... very pretty trio of blooms
kay

o

I think your seedling is much prettier than My Niche. I really like that form. Is it a bicolor? On my monitor the sepals look yellow. The green throat of Siloam Green Creek always grabs me.

Debra

o

thanks for the encouragement all!
deb, the sepals (sorry I misspelled that awfully in the post) show a hint of yellow and then fades like the petals but the petals hide that so that you only see the hint of yellow, if that makes sense. :) I was really excited to see this one last year and will be watching it again next summer to see if I can get some good scapes going in a clump and then count the buds etc etc and valuate it etc...
Siloam Green Creek is so great with such a bold green and yellow together, I take pics of each bloom and I don't know why I would need so many pics of it on my computer but ahh well. :)

o

While all are nice, I find your seedling interesting and the pick of the three. To get such a lovely pastel bicolor was either due to great planning (in its parents) or great luck!

While your crosses should certainly keep (or intensify) the green throat, I'd like to see it crossed against some ruffled clear blue lavenders; it'd be nice to intensify the lavender petals a bit while keeping the yellow sepals.

o

Love the green throat on that last one.

o

Love the soft colors on the first two. Good luck on your crosses.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here