nancy_barginear

Saturday's Best Photos, Part 2

Nancy Barginear
10 years ago

Here are a few more of today's blooms.

MOONLIGHT SAIL

LINDA BECK

LILLIAN'S STOKE THE FIRE

LET THE GAMES BEGIN (long, leggy and glowing)

HAPPY APACHE

GIRLS NIGHT OUT

EXECUTIVE DECISION (clump)

Stay tuned in -- there's one more posting for today!

Nancy

Comments (15)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

The postings are full of beautiful blooms. I love LET THE GAMES BEGIN and also GIRLS NIGHT OUT.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Ah, your edgings are just as striking as those of the hybridizers' photos--the benefits of a mild climate.

• shive
    10 years ago

Moonllight Sail and Linda Beck are such wonderful purples, and Girls Night Out has fabulous edge! The Executive Decision clump is bright and beautiful, and Happy Apache seems to be waving at us. Great photos, all of them!

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

geez, Nancy, more beauties. I love them all.Moonlight said is fabuleous. and love girls night out. and forgot the name but love that clump of reds. beautiful. more please.

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Beautiful, then entire lot is beautiful. But Moonlight Sail had me from the start. What a beautiful clump.
    kay

• sann777
    10 years ago

You have some lovely blooms. That first one, Moonlight Sail, is beautiful. Sarah

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Beautiful pictures. Moonlight Sail is my favorite.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Great pictures, Executive Decision really jumps out, love to see clump shots. Moonlight Sail can't be overlooked, a real beauty. Avedon

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Several of my favorites here-Linda Beck & Happy Apache, love the clump of Moonlight Sail too

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Oh my Moonlight Sail and Linda Beck are looking mighty fine and are my favorites.
    Linda

• deangreen
    10 years ago

hooray for happy apache! mine hasn't bloomed yet. I hope they are good this year. I got that one after the first time I attended a daylily club meeting, and saw it in the slide show and came directly home and found one online! ha

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

What a great picture of Linda Beck. The color is perfect as are the blooms. Not only has mine been splotchy this year it's also hung up a few times. I hope I have enough buds left to finally get something as pretty as you have...Maryl

• Nancy Barginear
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maryl, LINDA BECK looked like your picture at the beginning of the blooming season. We had the daylily beds sprayed last week for Pharoah and Acrobat ants and the blotchiness is almost gone now. In fact, today is the first time I've been able to take a half-way decent picture of ALEXA KATHRYN. We had been spraying aggressively for thrips, and seeing so many blotchy blooms was very discouraging. I had no idea that tiny little ants could damage blooms and buds like that.

Nancy

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Ants? Hadn't thought about them. They can be a problem here. I'll have to look at the blooms more closely. Haven't seen many Thrips this year, but then I've had to spray a round of AVID for a bad case of spider mites and AVID will kill adult Thrips they say....It's always heartening to know someone else understands your problems. Congrats now on your unmarred blooms. You really captured the color of Linda Beck in your picture...Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Beautiful. Linda Beck looks to have many more buds to open yet.

Julia