Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Is Anyone Else Finding REbloom Scapes?

organic_kitten
10 years ago

When I was live-heading yesterday evening, I was quite surprised to find a few of my plants putting up re-bloom scapes already. For the first time ever, Clown Parade has two re-bloom scapes! Palace Garden Beauty has a whole new set of scapes. Marseilles watercolor, Toss of the Dice, Bill Watson. Colorado Moonfire, Ruby Lipstick. I think there are more, but these come to mind. Some of these are re-blooms after the plants had finished, but most of them are instant re-blooms. Unexpected.
kay

Comments (11)

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

I'm having the same thing here, Kay. The majority are putting up more scapes, though I haven't counted.

Nancy

• dementieva
    10 years ago

My season is earlier than yours, and I've seen lots of reblooms already. Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head (not including plants from Maryott that I got in the fall, which often bloom multiple times the first year):

TIC TAC TOE
    WITCHES WINK
    CITRIX
    BOLD MOVE (this one threebloomed last year and I won't be surprised if it does again)
    BODACIOUS BITE
    RENEGADE LADY
    DOUBLE DOWN
    RED VOLUNTEER
    Two seedlings on their first blooming year

Edit: Forgot WALKING STICK also

Nate

This post was edited by dementieva on Fri, Jun 14, 13 at 22:49

• shive
    10 years ago

Both of my Sun Bear X Julie Newmar seedlings have instant rebloom. And I found instant rebloom scapes on Strawberry Candy and Colorado Moonfire tonight.

I just l love it that we can edit posts now! When I saw Jean's post, I remembered that my Wonder of It All clump has a couple of instant rebloom scapes, too!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 23:12

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

Here in central Florida (we're about 60 miles NW of Orlando as the crow flies��"a bit further if the crow has to walk) we're seeing, in many cases, a third round of blooming.

Not the norm. We had an extremely warm January and everything (plants, shrubs, trees) that bloomed was three or four weeks ahead of schedule. Then came Feby and a pair of 25 degree weekends about two weeks apart.

Many daylilies were already scaping, and a couple of EE plants were close to blooming - they didn't survive, but the ones that were scaping did.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I found 2 rebloom scapes on wonder of it all last night before dark when I was removing the days blooms, they were very short scapes so its going to be awhile before they grow up and bloom,I haven't realty looked for rebloom scapes yet, just a accident zi seen them two..I am hoping I get lots of rebloom scaped,and some og them prolifts, a plant growing out of the scape, since now I know how to get it to root and grow...

gee, guess I will start checking mine, my clown parade had its last bloom today,so I would love to have a rebloom scape on it.

jean

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Debra, what did you mean that you can edit posts now? is this some thing new I haven't learned about yet?, well, would be some ting else to learn I guess.:)),

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

Faraway - I'm glad to hear you got rebloom on those earlies who scapes died from the cold. I had a couple of earlies lose their scapes during the swinging spring temps: New Paradigm and Isle of Skye. I'll keep them well watered and hope they will rebloom.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Kay, that is wonderful. Too early for rebloom here, still waiting on bloom season.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Don't try editing posts with your pictures, or you will lose all of them. All have to be reposted if you edit.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I found several more today. I am especially excited on having some that have never re-bloom before putting up re-bloom scapes. I expected to have very few re-blooms because our spring was so up and down temp wise with several freezes following warm weather.

The longer I grow daylilies, the less I know about them.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Jean - At the top of each post and reply, there is a small picture of scissors and the word Clippings. Under that it says New: Edit Post. Click on that, and your post comes up. That way if you've left a word out or typed the wrong letters, you can fix it. Mantis says you have to repost your photos, but I've fixed something in my post that had photos from Photobucket and didn't have to repost the pics. I think this is an improvement that is long overdue. The other forums I use have always had a way to edit posts. Thank you Garden Web!

Debra