Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Seedlings on Tues..

mizellie
10 years ago

This first one, I really like. I am going to post 2 shots to show you the buds..Ellie

This is a Reilly seedling. I plan to use it.

Comments (12)

• shive
    10 years ago

The first one had great color and a wonderful ruffly edge. I like that sepals are outlined in white! The second one is pretty too! I congratulate you on being able to hybridize for doubles. I have trouble finding their parts. LOL!

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

well of course i love the last one, such a light shading of color going on. nice!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Like the first one, lovely color.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh ellie, I love that first one. its gorgeous,and also the last one is very pretty, too.

jean

• Nancy
    10 years ago

The first one is gorgeous, I like the last one too.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

I agree with you the first seedling is gorgeous.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

The first seedling is great and look at the buds! Beautiful color. How tall is it? The last one is a real beauty. The coloring reminds me of the divinity fudge I used to eat when I was a kid. Marg

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, I'm not much into double as they are to hard to pollenate. You are right..their "parts" are to hard to find. I am really pleased with the first one though.

deangreen, it's so dainty looking. You have to love the whipped cream look..

Thanx Kay. I like the color and the deep ruffled look.

I'm glad you like it Jean..

ngraham, I think the first one is going to be special. It blooms so well. It doesn't get much afternoon sun so I don't know how colorfast it is.

Linda, it's so exciting to see your seedling bloom. I have discarded 2 so far and have two that are on the way out..

Marg, the first seedling is about 26" The flower hasn't been measured but just guessing, it's about 5 an inches. A little bigger perhaps. The double, I think of as pink whipped cream. Divinty is a good idea for her. No rebloom on her yet.....Ellie

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Nice Ellie.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Nice work, Ellie. You'll have to keep us posted with updated photos from previous years' seedlings.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Super duper, Ellie, you are doing good work. Love the delicate color on the last one. By the way, I keep going back and looking at your picture of The Motes!! I absolutely love that daylily. Avedon

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Ellie, that first one is a beauty and looks like a great performer and you know I'm a performance nut. Great job.
    Val

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living