organic_kitten

several ffos, and rfk.

organic_kitten
10 years ago

I have several FFOs to post today.

Visual Appeal:

Isle of Patmos:

Carolina Sugardaddy:

Ancient of Days: a bonus from Phil Korth, and, unlike many bonus plants, I really like this one:

Rose Fever:

Kay's Faith: bought for the name

Pirate King: A first decent bloom:

Exotic Twister: I had planned to shovel prune it, and it finally decided to have some blooms I like the look of.

Rose F Kennedy:

And Rocket booster has started with a bang!

I live headed 535 blooms tonight. I found re-bloom spikes on Black Fathom Depths (1st time ever for that one) and on the new Spacecoast Devil's Eye.

kay

Comments (18)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Carolina Sugar Daddy is a very graceful blossom, beautifully recurved and delicately tinted with a tightly beaded edge. Size? Performance?

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Lovely bunch. My favorites are the two roses--Rose F Kennedy and Rose Fever.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I don't know how you have the time or energy to livehead blooms or deadhead. I am lucky if I headhead whatever I am going to take a picture of. I think Rose Fever is my favorite here.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, it is an excellent plant. It is a dormant, so should do well for you. It is listed at 33" and & 7", and it at least meets those dimensions here. The blooms are often larger than 7 inches and have no trouble opening properly.

kay

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Val, it is so nice to have you posting again. I think I was answering Mantis when you, Val and you, Rita posted. Rita, I am at peak. To get the photos I like, I have to have the old blooms off, and it is surely easier to do it the evening before than when they are all squishy and messy. And yes, it takes a while!

Thank you both, I think Rose Fever is such a pretty color, and it is one of the first daylilies I ever bought.

kay

• shive
    10 years ago

I thought it was going to be Isle of Patmos for me all the way, but then I saw your photo of Rose F. Kennedy. So it's a tie. I love them both!

Debra

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Lots of beauties, I am torn between the beautiful Rose F Kennedy & Ancient of Days. That is a perfect photo of Rose Fever too, lovely, lovely color.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Debra. I don't think many blooms can stand up against RFK. Just a huge beautiful bloom, but Isle of Patmos is a lovely bloom itself.

Thanks, Nancy, it is so nice when a bonus is a pretty as Ancient of Days, and the blooms seem to be perfect too. Rose Fever was one of the first few daylilies I ever bought. I like that color, and it stnd sthe test of time pretty well, too.
    kay

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

Oh, ancient of days is very nice!

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WELL:: I left a reply of all the beauties today and how I Loved them all, with the exception of maybe one spider type. and I don't see it,lit disappeared,

jean

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Awesome blooms. Isle of Patmos is my kind of daylily it's stunning.
    Linda

• ruthz
    10 years ago

They are all beautiful, but I think the Rose's are my favorite also. I do seem to favor whites thou, and Carolina Sugardaddy is a beauty. I also really like Ancient of Days.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

As always, more gorgeous blooms and nearly impossible to pick just one as favorite. These are all exceptional. I will narrow it down to 3: Rose Fever, RFK, and Isle of Patmos....but I also love that bright Rocket Booster.
    Not a one here that I don't like!

Celeste

• shive
    10 years ago

Just wondering, does Rocket Booster hold its color all day? I got it as a bonus, and don't know whether to keep it or not. I have All American Chief, which is similar and does keep its color on most days.

Debra

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

it's the same story, too many beauties to try to pick favorites, but I always love Rose F. Kennedy. Interesting that All American Chief might hold its color all day. In our heat, most reds and purples can't make it. Avedon

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Great picture of Rose Fever, such a pleasant color, and that glowing throat. But my biggest love is Rose F. Kennedy what a stunning daylily, thanks for posting

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Wow, wow, wow, Kay. What a great group from you today. Love Rose Kennedy -- I'm still waiting for the price to come down a bit on that one. Visual Appeal and Rose Fever are the most beautiful pinks, and I don't grow either of them. Isle of Patmos is also a stunner.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

So, I can't find Visual Appeal on Tinker's. Any help with that one?

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County