Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdjcb

a few blooms

gdjcb
9 years ago

First time trying to post a pic here, hopefully I did it right.
Lee Pickles, smallest fan sent up a small, short scape with one bud, this was the bloom.

Comments (13)

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bigfoot, picture taken at 5:30am, temp high 40's. One fan had this scape come out of the side of it, rather than center, I have read that this is left over rebloom from last year, but don't know for sure.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Both are very pretty.. I especially like the edge on Lee Pickles.
    kay

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Kay.
    George Jets On, Taken 5:30am, low 50's, I really like this one.

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yellowstone Canyon, taken after 3pm, mid 80's, heavy substance, beautiful and bright yellow.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Nice assortment, and I like the bright yellow of Yellowstone Canyon. I'm surprised you had a daylily open that well with temps in the 40s!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I like them all. They are all so pretty.but,i think my favorite one is BIGFOOT.

jean

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean, maximus, Thank you, Bigfoot was a bonus from blueridge last year, 1 large fan has turned into 2 and I too, am impressed with how well it opens early in the cool morning, and also still looks good when I get home from work. YC is a very bright Daylily, it actually has a brighter/darker yellow throat or eye, but picture doesn't show it.

Thanks,
    Gale

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I like that Yellowstone Canyon. I went so far as to check it out. Seems like it's an oldie but a goody. If I see if for sale somewhere it may just be in my garden some day. Thanks for giving the times on your pictures too........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

I can see the heavy substance on Yellowstone Canyon; nice piecrust too. Lee Pickles always struggled here.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Good to see openings with the cooler temps.
    George Jets On is one I like but never got. I like the eye on it.

Julia

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Maryl, I received Yellowstone Canyon from Early Bird Daylilies. It is a stunner and looks good all day long here.

• gdjcb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mantis, I got Lee Pickles last year from Blueridge, it sent up a short scape after I got it with beautiful large blooms. The plant looks healthy, hopefully it will send normal scapes up and have blooms like last year.

Julia, It was the eye that made me purchase George Jets On, I do also like the bi-tone. So far I have had about a half dozen plants bloom and only Bigfoot and GJO have had EMO and CMO, it is nice to see a pretty face before I leave for work at 5:30am.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

All are really nice, I love Bigfoot though!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville