Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Groups and Clumps

organic_kitten
10 years ago

So many bloomed in groups and clumps today (doesn't sound pretty, does it?) that I decided to make a post with them.

Emerald Starburst:

Can You Hear Me Now:

Philistine Champion:

Intelligent Design:

Respighi with Nile Crane:

Wild One:

{{gwi:703494}}

Spacecoast Dream Catcher:

Brazen Bandit:

Half Moon Key:

Roman Cohort:

Little Light of Mine:

Emporer butterfly:

Stop Here:

kay

Comments (15)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Oh, that Emperor Butterfly is gorgeous. And all those blooms and buds on the other pics are just stunning. I bet your garden looks like a sea of color.

Intelligent Design pic didn't show?

Julia

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Julia. The garden has suddenly exploded in blooms. Liveheading took a long time and a large garbage bag this afternoon. Here's Intelligent Life

kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Wow! Your blooms have suddenly exploded. The clumps of Roman Cohort and Little Light of Mine are spectactular! Emperor Butterfly is one of Munson's finest. I just love those colors. I've given away/sold many of the Munsons I once grew, but I'll always keep that one in my garden. Intelligent Design is one I always admire, too!

Debra

• User
    10 years ago

These are all so lovely. I'm glad I don't have to pick just one. I really like Brazen Bandit, Spacecoast Dream Catcher and Can you Hear Me Now. Nice collection!

• sann777
    10 years ago

Wow, you have some of the prettiest daylilies. I love that Roman Cohort and Little Light of Mine is very pretty. I wrote their names down for my Wish List. Sarah

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Love groups, so nice! Colors on Wild One are just too pretty.
    Wow your Little Light of Mine indeed looks big. Haha mine shrunk into a 3 inch 3 leaf tiny plant :) Thanks for the offer on the other thread, by the way.
    Intelligent Design has a pretty face too. I found a couple scapes on mine the other day

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I swore no new ones on my list, but the yellow maroon eyed Philistine Champion just went on it. Really wow'd me......The others are very nice too, but it's PC that got my attention.......Maryl

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You sure have a bloom explosion and they all are gorgeous. Intelligent Life really catches my eye love the pattern and color.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

All these photos are stunning! What a beautiful collection of daylilies you have here. That Emerald Starburst took my breath away then on and on the show went with more beauty. Any one of these could be my favorite!

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for looking and for the nice compliments. I was quite surprised to get up yesteray and see so many clumps of flowers. We had had a little rain the day before, and the flowers must have really like it. Supposed to have a good chance of rain tomorrow, and I will hope for a similar effect.

Debra, sometimes Emperor Butterfly will not open til a little later in the day, and that can be a problem. Today it was great.
    Hostabuff, I had a hard time finding Can You Hear Me Now, and it is a great one that always opens perfectly.
    Sarah, I had to have Roman Cohort when Debra (shive) posted pics of hers.
    Nat4b. It was a serious offer. It's a real bloomer and increaser here.
    Maryl, I got my start from Rita. Phil Korth said he sells out of PC every year.
    Linda, explosion is the right word.
    Celeste, it looks to me like my season is revving up to be here then gone. Whatever...Can't change it, just going with it,.

kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love groups and clumps!!! There really are too many to have favorites, but must mention Philistine Champion which I do every year, that one really stands out, as does Wild One, can't miss it. Emperor Butterfly is a beauty, too. They are all great. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I love the multiple-bloom shots, as you know, especially when they are as vivid as this group. It seems that everything opened perfectly in your garden today. I must say that Little Light of Mine makes a wonderful clump. While the bud count doesn't look that high, there are so many scapes. That cultivar doesn't seem to be widely grown, as I seldom see it offered for sale. I picked up Brazen Bandit as a result of your posts, even though I know that Kinnebrew things can be problematic here.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

They are all beautiful..I liked them very much. Wild One is the one that I thought was the showest though. It's so nice when you have multiple blooms everywhere!! Ellie

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Avedon. Believe it or not, I was choosing. I had lovly single shots, but was trying to put the best of the groups up for once.

Mantis, I always enjoy the clump shots so much I have to post some of them. Things did open well today, Mantis. Little Light of Mine does indeed put up a perfusion of scapes. I hope Brazen Bandit does even half so well as it does here. It blooms for a very long time, them reblooms for me.

Ellie, I think the light rain we had was a tipping factor for all of the blooms. Wild One is such a beautiful bloom. I really owe Rita big for that one,

kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Love the clump shots, & the flowers look nice on every one. I think there is something I like about every one of the photos, can't pick just one.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County