Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Thursday's flowers

This one is Tiger by the Tail, a favorite of ours.

Comments (19)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dr Jules Michael Vinkman is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Its base color has been nearly pure white this summer.

Original Author
    9 years ago

We don't grow many dips but this one will probably always have a place in our garden. It is Femme de Joie.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Viva Pinata was a bonus plant sent with an order. We really like it.

Original Author
    9 years ago

The last flower is Malaysian Marketplace. It doesn't increase well for us but until I find a bitone prettier than it is, it is going to stay in the garden.

• growgirl
    9 years ago

Nice flowers. They all look great! I just planted Dr. Jules this season. Crossing my fingers that It will bloom and look as nice as yours. Thanks for sharing.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

You have some beautiful blooms. I especially like Tiger by the Tail, and don't remember seeing it before. viva Pinata is a real beauty too, and Malaysian Marketplace is a favorite. Nice photos too.
    kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Dr. Jules is a beauty, and that's a great photo. You might want to check out Clown Parade if you're interested in bi-tones. It's been an amazing performer here after only a couple years.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Clown Parade has been on my wish list for some time but it's been rather expensive. I did purchase Selman's Marilyn Lee Bock but it's not well established yet. We also have Peppermint Pinwheel but it is always so splotchy. I guess the thrips must love it.

• shive
    9 years ago

Tiger By the Tail and Dr. Jules are so striking! Viva Pinata has nice colors in your garden, and Malaysian Marketplace is always a favorite. It increases very well for most people. Maybe it will multiply well this year.

Debra

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

some very pretty blooms, I like the first one.TIGER BY THE TAIL and MALAYSIAN MARKETPLACE IS MY FAVORITE..Lost all of mine except 2 fansbut it bloomed 2 blooms.hopefully it will multiply some before summer is over.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Very nice photos.

Julia

• timhensley
    9 years ago

The first two are terrific. Love them.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Viva Pinata is a winner for me and I like Dr. Jules too especially if the ground color is near white...........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Thanks for calling to our attention Dr. Jules and Tiger by the Tail. Is the latter a good performer? Yes, MM is not a great increaser. Femme de Joie has leaning scapes for me.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I bought Clown Parade two years ago for a reasonable price, but the seller doesn't have it listed any more. Peppermint Pinwheel got shipped elsewhere because of its splotchiness, but when it behaved, it was a pretty bloom.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Mantis_oh, Tiger by the Tail has been a good performer for us. We planted it in 2012, the year of the horrible drought. It has increased very well and has many scapes this year. It seems to have gotten its vigor from its parent Rock Solid. Its other parent, Adorable Tiger, has been puny for us. Tiger by the Tail does not have a really high bud count (registered at 14), but many others ( even Northern bred daylilies) do not live up to the bud counts listed in the AHS database. We have poor sandy soil and we have decided that in the past we have not watered enough.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

forgot to mention that I really like Viva Pinata, too, which is unusual fior me,as I don't usually like the form of these daylilies.I like the nice and round ones.but, have seen several of these forms that I like very much.Debra and Kay has some I really like.

jean

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Great picture of the first daylily! But my favorite is Dr Jules.. Malaysian Marketplace is always beautiful. I don't mind the slow increasers by the way - they don't take as much room :)

• polymerous
    9 years ago

Wow... 'Dr. Jules...' is lovely!