Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

few blooms for Tuesday

jean_ar
10 years ago

Didn't take no photo'd yesterday, but got up and took a few this morning.

This is a big bloom, not thr best one its had but not too bad.

This one is kind of plain, but, I like it a lot.

this one is not a rebloomer, at least not listed as a rebloomer, and its about to the end of blooming:(

had to incluse this one, she had 12 blooms again today.

that's all for today, hope you injoy them

jean

Comments (11)

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Jean, I've already voted so many times for WONDER OF IT ALL and WOMAN AT THE WELL, this time I'm going to pick BIG AND RED ALL OVER. I dig those colors. On the other hand, I'm still impressed with FARLOW.

Nancy

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Lurker here. Love your posts Jean. And I love Big and Red All Over. But I can't find it at Tinkers. Is it a private cross?
    How do you like Sabine Bauer?

Barney, Woman at the Well and Wonder of It All are to die for. TIA

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed all the photos. :-).

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Irisgal, Big And Red All Over is a Westbourne introduction.

Jean, your daylily blooms are looking really great as usual. I could choose so many for favorite that I can't pick just one. Hope you still have lots more buds to open.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

They look very nice, all of them. I thibnk I will make a change and vote for Mississippi Man.
    kay

• deangreen
    10 years ago

I really like how the the Mississippi man has that white ruffling on the edge. very nice

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Rita. Found it! Spelled "Redd"! Don't think Westbournes would be happy without winter chill. Darn!

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Love Woman at the Well, Mi Man is really pretty too

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

tHANK YOU rita FOR ANSWERING HER QUESTION, dang, had caps on and didn't see it.I am not a typist, so have to watch my fingers :)

Thank you all for looking and commenting on my photos

jean

• lynxe
    10 years ago

As long as it's OK to correct your typing, Jean, may I point out that that pretty white one in the middle of the bunch is HARLOW, not FARLOW? :)

The reason why I knew instantly that it was a typo is that, a few years ago, I got it into my head that I had to have that daylily. I couldn't find it anywhere. The more difficult and frustrating the search, the more I HAD to have that daylily. You all know how that goes, right? I'd finally given up on the idea when, at a local place that's open on one weekend in the summer & where you pick up your chosen plants later in the summer, there it was! I couldn't believe my luck.

HARLOW is older, of course (2003), and is described in the AHS database as "silver lavender with pink overlay." Mine seems not to be too pinkish, but I definitely see a silvery look to the very pale lavender - or maybe it's a pale lavender look to the silvery white. Jean, yours sure seems to have that pinkish overlay; maybe mine needs to settle in here more? But overlay or not, "Harlow" seems the perfect name, and I think it's a really pretty daylily.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lynxe;Thank you for seeing the misspell.I would have never noticed it. I looked through my list of plants and never even found it in my lists, so it would have stayed Farlow. Thanks.. The eyes is nt what they use to be:)
    Thanks all for the comments.

jean

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012