Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

Photos from today's DLs-This & that, old & new, but, alas no blue

janepa
16 years ago

FFO on Broken Heart. I like this one. {{gwi:820756}}

FFO on Queen Cerise. I like this color.

{{gwi:820758}}

My Dad called me Schnickel Fritz when I was a little girl. It is PA Dutch and I think it means the same as 'nix nooks'.

{{gwi:820759}}

FFO on a brand new one this Spring - Border Crossing. I think this will be a keeper.

{{gwi:820760}}

I didn't realize Berry Patch had little teeth until I was downsizing the photo.

{{gwi:820761}}

There were many more today, but I will save them until later.

I hope you had a nice, sunny day like we did. Still no rain, but the day was beautiful. Jane

Comments (8)

• shive
    16 years ago

Very pretty and colorful. I can tell you like deeply saturated colors. Your photos of Queen Cerise and Border Crossing were especially nice.

Debra

• gdionelli
    16 years ago

Finally some rain here yesterday - I hope you get some too.

Beautiful pix. Queen Cerise has character!

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

wow, these are all just beautiful.
    No rain here either,just H O T.

Jean

• frogpondlily
    16 years ago

Great photos! I really like Border Crossing.

Nicki

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Janepa ,

I would love to know what kind of camera number of pixels? zoom?) you are using for your pics. The color and clarity are spectacular !!!!! Lovely daylilies and so nice to see them so wonderfully clearly .

Signet

• janepa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for taking a look at my DLs.

Signet -
    My camera is a Nikon D50 SLR digital. 6.1 million pixels, 18-55 mm plus I have another lens 55-200mm.This camera can do so much that I really don't utilize. I am a point and shoot kind of person, but my DH is the camera buff, and thought this would be a good camera when I gave our daughter my Olympus D40, which was a great point and shoot w/zoom. The amount of pixels is important if you are going to blow up your photos larger than 4 x 6 - 8 x 10. Otherwise, 2-3 million will do just fine. I am still using my Olympus software for 'tweaking' photos because I really like it and it is easy to use. I do not enhance my DL photos, but I try to get them as close to how they look when I see them in the garden, whether it be color shades, sharpness etc. I also downsize my photos to approz. 500 x 500 pixels when finished. It probably would be better for posting if they were more like 400 x 400, but I save the photos to use for greeting cards, etc. and I like the larger size. Feel free to e-mail me if this did not give you the information you need, and if I cannot answer it I will ask DH.
    Thanks. Jane

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I like Broken Heart, How many daylilies are out there, the list never seems to stop LOL and I'm hopeless when it comes to pretty flowers.

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Jane, gorgeous photos and gorgeous dl's...love those colors...thanks for sharing.
    Jan