Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This weeks blooms posted

Posted by floota 6/7 VA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 21:48

Some of this weeks blooms have been added to my blog. With bloom season moving into fast forward mode, I'll try to post pictures on the blog every few days. I like putting the pics on the blog because I can see them better ( guess my age is showing!) Sad but true. Please visit if you have a chance.

Here's the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie's blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This weeks blooms posted

Thanks floota!!Ellie

o

Julie - I haven't read your most recent blog because I had to catch up on the one about yellows. Luckily it was about a lot more than yellows. (They're probably my least favorite.) I really got a kick out of Edd's Red Bed. I just love that he really made it look like a sleeping bed. So cute! And your clump shot of Frilly Bliss was heavenly! Thanks for so many great photos of the Region 14 Tour.

Debra

o

Another update was just posted to my blog with lots of pics from this week! Many spiders, UFs and small/ mini blooms in the early season. Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog update: cool morning openers

o

Wow! Beautiful! Beautiful! Andrea

o

I just looked at all your June 5 pphotos. I really like Grace Stamile's (something) Flirt, was is 'Blue Flirt'? and the new spider introduction from Gossard.

So there is a name for that petal folding over problem - tunnelling, you say? I've had some doing that also. And faded colors, and smaller than usual blooms, and some that never opened at all... The reds seem to be doing better than the other colors, have you noticed this?

Christine

o

Hi Christine,
Yes, this is a common occurrence in cooler climates. People call this by a lot of different names - canoeing, tunneling, boating, etc. Although we are below normal rainfall, we have gotten some rain and colors are normal. Colors always look more intense here after rain, and no, I haven't noticed any difference in reds this year. I have been spraying ( more than normal with the upcoming regional) and the thrips have disappeard this year - hooray!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 9:13

Blue Flirt and Mark Allen Carpenter are real eyecatchers for me. You've posted some beauties alright....Maryl

o

Beautiful flowers! I especially like The Band Played On, and the name too :) and Green Inferno.
That tunneling on Barcode (if I am right) doesn't look so bad. What I don't like is when one petal won't open correctly, and that happens quite often here..

o

Exhibition judges call this trait ( when one petal isn't correctly opened) "tonguing". It is considered a fault for an exhibit in a flower show and points are deducted. This week I have walked past a LOT of blooms that were not opened properly because of the weather. We normally don't see that around here, but the cool weather has sure given us a taste of it.

This AM it was so cold that I didn't even bother with the camera and will try to get a few pics tonight!

o

Just posted again - see topics below!

Here is a link that might be useful: Green throats, photography and more

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here