Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Monday's wet blooms!

mizellie
10 years ago

Everything was beaten up by the rain last night and today but a few survived. here they are!...Ellie

This is the most beautiful purple I have ever had. It's a deeper purple than the photo!

{{gwi:821194}}

This is a garden name for one of my Great Grand Daughters.

This is a second year bloom season for this one!

This one is about 32" tall and the bloom is nearly 8" The sepals are pinched this year. I like it!

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

You and I are managing to get a few pictures despite the frequent rain. I love the velvety look of Purple Pashmina and the bitone look of Something Superb X Grandma's Smile!

Debra

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, perserverance my girl. I wouldn't give up. PP is really a lot darker than the photo and the fine white edge just sets off the purple...Ellie

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love the look of Pashmina and Time Drifter. They are all pretty but those are my favorites. Sarah

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos and blooms, Ellie, in spite of the rain. I would like a little more rain too, had to water today in the heat. I love purple pashmina and time drifter,gorgaous,

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I think your blooms look pretty amazing with all those rain drops on them. The colors seems very vivid. My favorites are Purple Pashima and Time Drifter......Maryl

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Purple Pashmina looks interesting. Most Mayrotts, though, do not do well here.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos and blooms, seeing I love purples Purple Pashmina gets my vote for favorite.
    Linda

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Those purples are outstanding!

• deangreen
    10 years ago

really like that string bikini, so yellow.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Rain makes it hard, doesn't it? My blooms acted like cups to catch the water yesterday morning (to add to my other fun). I like both of your last two seedlings. Time Drifter catches my eye too. Pretty even when wet, Ellie.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Lovely pics Ellie. I like Time Drifter with the soft pink color. California Girl looks good with those raindrops.

We took have been getting more than our fair share of rain here. Looks like we will be getting a very wet season this year.

Julia

• mizellie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sarah, PP is just a gorgeous daylily. I have a fresh bloom today I will post. Time Drifter is a sound one. Never fails me.

Jean, you and Sarah seem to be on the same page!

Maryl, You and the above two ladies must be reading each others minds..LOL!!!

Mantis, Most of the Maryott's have to spend a lot of time getting established here. They usually sulk for 2 or 3 years.

Linda, todays bloom is really pretty..

Chris, I know you like purples. I like them a lot but pink is still the favorite.

deangreen, it's really something with several blooms.. Soon maybe.

Kay, if I remember correctly, you really liked that last seedling, last year. I had several bloom from that pod and they were very similar.

Julia, I love the rain in the summer. The flowers need it as do we. Well water, you know. CG is in a kind of protected area so missed the buckets of rain that fell.

Thank you all.. more to come. Ellie

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Wet or not they look lovely. I really, really love that deep purple on Purple Pashmina.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida