Rocket Booster:

Photobucket

Big Red Combo:

Photobucket

And Teresa My Best Friend is shaping up too:

Photobucket

Blue Ridge Memories keeps its intense colors:

Photobucket

Finish with the first (odd) bloom on the hydrangea I brought home from work 3 years ago:

Photobucket
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday

Saturday sure was full of color and lovely blooms at your house. They just all look so perfect. I just love the colors on that last bloom, it is definately my favorite. But then again I just love red and love those reds. Plus that us such a lovely picture of Golly Galore. I have to love that one too. Oh well, no use, picked too many favorites already LOL!

o

Kay - Is Transfuson the correct name? I didn't see it in database.

o

Let me see, I love Golly Galore, and Forsyth's Spellbinder, & Blue Ridge Memories, & oh, just all of 'em. Great daylily day for you! What kind of hydrangea is that? Really unusual color & look to it, pretty though.

o

I c

ant pick a favorite, Ilike them all, especially all them REDS :). Love them reds. That hydrangea is really pretty, too, and odd color, too.

jean

o

Love Forsyth Garrett Mason, it's so delicate. I also like Sir Robert Brandon, and from the reds my favorite is Rocket Booster.
Hydrangea bloom is beautiful!

o

Thanks, Rita. I love the reds, hots and intense colors.

dipsandtets, it is Forsyth's Transfusion. Sorry, I have so many Forsyth's I get lazy. Here's another shot of it:

Photobucket

Nancy, that hydrangea came from one of the surgeons at the hospital I worked at...he gave them a plant to several of the floors, and to us, the house supervisors who had done some caring for his patients. Being the gardener of the group, I got to take it home. No idea what the name is, but it is darker than the original, which was a bright hot pink.

Jean, I love the reds and the hot ones too...I didn't post Bear Claws or Spiderman who both had multiples today too.

Thank you Nat. They have been pretty this year.

I appreciate all of you looking and commenting on the blooms today. A friend came to visit and to see the blooms, so I was quite late posting today.

kay

o

Too hard to choose a favorite! Normally I'd say Forsyth Garrett Mason but this spring, for whatever reason, I'm into those deeper jeweled tones...and there's a lot to love in this post on that front!

Your hydrangea is great too!

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

You have gorgeous, gorgeous blooms here. Seeing Golly Galore again made me smile....! You know I love that one.
And I just love that Big Red Combo. Is that veining I see?
That is very eyecatching and a striking color. (I went on Tinker's to look that one up I like it so much, but they don't have a photo of it). And WOW, that Forsyth's Transfusion is hot, hot, hot which I love. As is the beautiful Forsyth's Spellbinder. Teresa my Best Friend is very regal-looking and goodness, the colors on Blue Ridge Memories is exceptional. That photo is suitable for framing!! I also love Rocket Booster. That red on it is so bright and I love the form. I love all of these and you always have such gorgeous blooms that I look forward to them.

Celeste

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here