Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Friday's Unusual Forms and Spidery Types

shive
10 years ago

MICHAEL DAVISSON had really pretty colors today. I think it was too hot here (high of 96) to show much of an applique pattern.

BLAZING SADDLES was having a very good day and had many little white teeth along the edge.

TWO SUES was showing off her intriguing colors.

LIME PEEL

STARMAN'S QUEST

ASTRAL VOYAGER clump with lighter blooms because of this week's heat

Seedling Bali Watercolor X Mokan Butterfly

Debra

Comments (17)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Wow. Lots more pretties. You are hotter than we are, ad I still have a hard time making myself get out in the heat.

Of course a clump always gets attention, and Astral Voyager is no exception to that rule.

Blazing Saddles and Two Sues are very lovely too.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, to my SURPRISE, I like BLAZING SADDLES,AND I don't like the spidery kind,I Like the nice flat round ones, but, I like that, its very pretty.

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Astral Voyager is fabulous! Would like to see Two Sues at a greater distance to gauge height and color effect.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Astral Voyager takes the prize with Two Sues and Lime Peel right behind. Avedon

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean and Kay - Blazing Saddles is one of my top three favorite flowers. It never has a bad day.

Avedon and Mantis - Astral Voyager is an excellent performer here with great branching and loads of buds.

Mantis - My Two Sues is still being grown in a pot and is very short this time. The color varies on that one depending on the temperature. I will say it looks even better at the end of a 96 degree day.

Debra

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Astral Voyager is stunning along with My Two Sues and Blazing Saddles.
    Linda

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Michael Davisson is one handsome boy. I'm looking forward to adding that one to my garden. Two Sues is always a favorite here, and that clump of Astral Voyager is amazing.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

the first one wonderful and what a great clump of astral voyager, really like those lavenders that seem to shine. :)

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chris - I'm sure Michael Davisson will do very well for you.

Dean - I have a weakness for good lavenders. Astral Voyager was shining with sunlight in that photo.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Two Sues!! I LOVE that one. What a dramatic contrast of warm colors. Wish I knew where to find that one....do you recall where you bought it? The clump of Astral Voyager is impressive. Can't wait till mine blooms.

Celeste

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Celeste - I bought Two Sues on the Lily Auction, but I don't remember who the seller was. It might have been Judy Davisson. She has a lot of Hansons. I know I bought Fad Gadget and Boiled Shrimp from her.

Of course, Curt Hanson, Crintonic Gardens, has it since he's the hybridizer.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Correction: This should have been Thursday's Unusual Forms and Spidery Types

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Such a pretty picture of Astral Voyager, I like its sepals. Love the color of Lime Peel and Two Sues, and my fave is Blazing Saddles

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Love TWO SUES.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

ASTRAL VOYAGER has to be my favorite, but lots of nice spidery ones. Love the teeth on Blazing Saddles.

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Astral Voyager is outstanding - love those purples, lavenders and almost blues.

Nancy

• mnclerk
    10 years ago

Two Sues goes right on the wishlist! You have an amazing variety in your garden, and so beautiful.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County