Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Blooms have started here!

shive
9 years ago

I've been having blooms on my new Southern acquisitions for about a week. But my established daylilies just started blooming over the weekend. Unfortunately thrips are at work again, and it's been very, very dry all month. With my hectic work schedule I had no time to water. Some of the early daylilies only have three or four buds. It may be a very short season for me.

PUMPKIN PARK, a substitution on a Trimmer I tried to replace. Blooms on the new plant are not as large or ruffly as in the Water Mill catalog.

This post was edited by shive on Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 22:06

Comments (7)

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's RED EDITION with thrip damage. I'm hoping the next blooms will be improved. I like the vibrant color, the watermark, and the white edge.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Very dry here too. Hope we get good rain this week. Red Edition is an intense color.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

It has been dry here too, it clouds up & even thunders but not a drop on us. I gather people all around us are getting at least some showers.
    Red Edition will be really spectacular, love the color with that edge.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, that red is a beauty..its been raining nearly every day here for the last 8 to 10 days.Went out this morning to take a few pictures and it started raining. Not hard, just a good sprinkle,it lasted about maybe a half hr then the sun was out and the humidity was horrible the rest of the day.hot and muggy.I did notice some of mine had a little thrip damage too again, so will have to spray again.most blooms was ruined for the day.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy - It sounds like you are having the same experience I am. It looked and felt like it was going to rain for five hours today, but no raindrops in my yard. On Saturday there was a 75% chance of rain here in the afternoon, but we got maybe a dozen drops of water at most.

Mantis - Hope you and I both get rain sometime this week!

Jean - All that rain you are getting should set you up for some nice rebloom!

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Pumpkin Park with ruffles sounds very appealing. Can't wait to see another photo once it settles in.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

It has been dry here until this week, and the thrips have started but still not bad on most of the plants. Revival week at church so little time for anything until next week.

Debra, I love Red Edition. I think I have spent more money on plants after looking at your photos than anyone else's with the possible exception of NewYorkRita. Beautiful as always.
    kay

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County