Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early blooms

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 22:04

An old one, but a pleasant early greeting--tremendous substance and texture. Marie Hooper Memorial

Photobucket

Pat Garrity (about 4 1/2 inches) poor bud count
Photobucket

ISLE OF ZANZIBAR Not the greatest bud count (around 7) but a bright early attraction
Photobucket

HEAVENLY STARFIRE Big and showy
Photobucket

IN THE HEART OF IT ALL Size reflects ample rain
Photobucket

ETHEL BUCCOLA Should have gotten a better picture, but a new one that is pleasing.
Photobucket

PUMPKIN PRINCE heavily budded
Photobucket

WEB OF INTRIGUE Great performer
Photobucket

KILLER More blue-purple than pic (Was facing wrong way, so not good pic)
Photobucket

Early morning sun casts long shadows in hosta garden. Tiki head in right of picture.
Photobucket

Planters already filling out.
Photobucket

Simplicity of larkspur that look as though they were planted with careful color mixture.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early blooms

The larkspurs ar so pretty and you did a great job with your planter--very nice combination. As for daylilies my favorites are Marie Hooper Mewmorial and Heavenly Starfire.
Val

o

Like the planter, it looks really great and so do the larkspur. Pretty daylilies. I really like HEAVENLY STARFIRE and IN THE HEART OF IT ALL.

o

Gorgeous pics! The first big yellow one looks stunning!

o

That planter is really pretty,You done a great job with it and the Larkspur is very pretty, too. Love that 3rd daylily. Gorgeous.

Jean

o

Santa's Little Helper is really into the frills.
Photobucket

o

What is growing around Heavenly star fire..?? Pretty! Love your daylillies.

o
cotinus

In the background of Heavenly Star Fire is a smoke bush.

o

Your daylilies are great! My faves are MARIE HOOPER MEMORIAL, ETHEL BUCCOLA and PUMPKIN PRINCE. Love your hosta garden and your planter is gorgeous! Also really like your larkspur.
Jason

o

Heavenly Starfire looks great planted in front of that purple-leaved bush. I love the planter and the larkspurs!

Debra

o

Really like Ethel Buccola and Maria Hooper Memorial, your planter and larkspurs are stunning.
Linda

o

Your planter looks superb. I've never had one look that fancy, but then again, I think I counted 7 different kinds of flowers in there, and I don't think I've ever tried to put that much variety in a single planter. I should try it.
Casey

o

Marie Hooper Memorial & Web of Intrigue are my favorites. Love larkspur too, although mine don't tend to reseed so attractively as yours. Great planter!

o
Planter

Planter has two shades of angelonia (white is not visible in picture), lavender vining geranium, dark verbena, purple superpetunia, and two shades of calibrachoa.

o
correction

Actually, there are three shades of calibrachoa. Also, I am embarrassed that the daylily Isle of Zanzibar is mislabeled; the one pictured is Tar and Feather, and the bud count is about 10-12.

o

Don't you just love WEB OF INTRIGUE? Here it has over 20 scapes this year so far that are above the foliage with others making their way up.
All the pics are great. Thanks for sharing.

Julia

o

Yes, Web of Intrigue has the vigor I am always looking for. My only reservation is that it doesn't take the heat well (but doesn't degrade as badly as some).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here