Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Some blooms today

Hi everyone. I have been reading the forum for years but have never posted. Here are a few things blooming in Indiana today. Blueberry Lemonade was a bonus plant last year. We really lucked out on it.

Nancy

Comments (13)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice first bloom

Original Author
    9 years ago

This one was also a bonus. We love it. It is tall, vigorous and loaded with buds.

Original Author
    9 years ago

This is new to the garden. We hope that it is hardy.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Tiger Tails has a very intense eye. With good bud count, it's definitely a winner. How about scape strength?

Blueberry Lemonade looks as though it is loaded with buds. Sometimes, Petit's plants are pleasant surprises; sometimes, well ....

Original Author
    9 years ago

Mike Grossman sent his 2012 introduction as a bonus plant. It was planted just this spring and looks like it is going to be fantastic.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

they are all gorgeous,I especially like the last two. beautiful, hope you will continue to post photos of your gorgeous blooms.

jean

• sann777
    9 years ago

They are all beautiful but I think I like "Snap Out Of It" the best.
    Post some more pictures. Sarah

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Glad you started posting -- there can never be enough photos here! Blueberry Lemonade is my favorite of the group. You (and your camera) take very nice, clear photos.

What's the name of the Grossman intro?

Chris

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Love the colors, and the photos are beautiful. I especially like blueberry Lemonade and Snap Out Of It.
    kay

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I love all of them. The colors and eyes are beautiful.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Mantis_oh, Here's a picture of the clump of Heavenly Tiger Tails. Scape seem strong--we have never seen them lean over or fall.

Chris, the Grossman intro is Taylor's Afterglow. It was introduced in 2012 and is a cross of Rock Solid and Fashion Police. It was just planted this spring and has a taller scape than most that were just planted.

• gonegardening
    9 years ago

Happy to see you posting! I am envious of your shot of Free Wheelin'. All my purples and reds and even whites are coming out terrible these days (whine, whine)...so, I appreciate the purple chevrons (and not RED like my camera is giving me...it clearly is the camera, of course, not me...haha).

I think most, if not all, of Jamie Gossard's Heavenly daylilies are good performers.

Exciting to see Snap Out of It! So, that's a straight out introduction from Pete Harry, not Harry-Smith (or vice-versa). Interesting.

Does anyone else miss Frank Smith? He surely gave us some beautiful daylilies. And was very generous with the community. I remember seeing him buy a very expensive daylily during a fund raiser (bid up deliberately by others). What a good sport.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Must tell you, you have like enables me. I really like the colors on the first two, and may need to eliminate another one or two of my present ones. Very beautiful photos too. Well done.

kay

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone