Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Shive's Saturday Blooms Part II

shive
10 years ago

There was a lot blooming today. So here's Part II.

CERULEAN WARBLER

CHARTERED COURSE

WILD RED HEART

QUEEN OF NARNIA and JITTERBUG BLUES - Notice the big Japanese beetle bite out of the Queen. I like this photo because it shows how gigantic QON is. From the blue and white bed.

GRAPE TWIZZLER

FROZEN MARGARITA

ASTRAL VOYAGER

WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS

ENGLISH LAVENDER

Debra

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Geez! I was hoping for more. My roses have been putting on a very nice show, but the stinking beetles keep eating them.

Cerulean Warbler is my pick. I've only had a few blooms this year for the first time ever. I think it is time to move to a better place. I just don't have as many better places as I need.

I love Wild Red Heart and English Lavender too. Westbourne's good Old Days looks great. I may have accidentally bought a couple of hers on the auction this week.

Every one of your blooms is beautiful! The colors on Astral voyager are beautiful! Frozen Margarita is luscious.

Grape Twizzler is an impressive group and your queen is a huge beauty.

Wonderful day.
    kay

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay - You accidentally bought a couple? It's funny how that happens. I accidentally bought three recently. I put low bids in thinking I won't get them, and then I do. LOL!

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

the group shot of twilzzer is great!!! very nice. but we all know the winner here is showing off that Cerulean Warbler that we probably all want, ha!! your pic is probably the hybridizer's dream of what it should look like, very prettty!such great pics of those.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

More gorgeous pictures! I must be in a lavender mood because my favorites are Cerulean Warbler and English Lavender.
    Val

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Great colors and photos! Keep them coming please.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Best group yet! Cerulean Warbler is a knockout, and I love the contrast from your blue and white bed.

I wish Astral Voyager had looked like that here. I sent mine to live with Mantis and hope it does better there.

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

As usual they are all great. I like Cerulean Warbler and English Lavender the best. I don't think ?? I have any with that lavender color.

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

They are all lovely, it's hard to pick which ones I like best. WESTBOURNE GOOD OLD DAYS is a really nice one. How does it perform for you? WILD RED HEART is very lovely, I like the gold edge on it. My absolute favorite has to be GRAPE TWIZZLER. I'm really getting into the spiders and purples are my favorites! Looks like you will have blooms for a while yet on that one. Marg

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Awesome group of blooms all are stunning. Cerulean Warbler is my pick for favorite what a gorgeous bloom.
    Linda

• Nancy
    10 years ago

CERULEAN WARBLER may be my favorite, but so hard. I really like Westbourne Good Old Days & English Lavender too, and then you have that great clump of Grape Twizzler. Decisions, decisions.

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jkayd - Every garden need some lavender. It seems to work well next to every color except orange.

Chris - I'm sorry Astral Voyager didn't work out for you. That was the darkest bloom it had yesterday. The other two were much lighter.

Marg - Westbourne Good Old Days is a trememdous performer after it settles in. It sulks for awhile after dividing, and then takes off like gangbusters. Here's what it looked like two summers ago - before I sold several divisions.

{{gwi:674629}}

Debra

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Beautiful clump shot. Thanks Debra. Marg

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

These are all so very beautiful. I just planted out W. Good Old Days a couple of weeks ago from Mary Jane and it already is sending up scapes so I'm excited. Of course, it will look nothing as grand as yours but at least I'll get a little preview. Your photos of it convinced me it had to come live in my little shangri-la. Hope it doesn't mind the cold climate here and will perform as well as yours.

Celeste

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus