Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

a few blooms on saturday

jean_ar
10 years ago

First bloom this year.

Shes slowing down now, only 9 blooms today :(

This one is not a BIG flower but it stands out where you don't miss it.

don't have bu 2 buds left on this one,and I sure hate to see it quit blooming.I just think its sp pretty

I put more then I had panned to, but I kept thinking only one left so just as well post that too, and the one more kept going and going. anyway,I hope you all injoy them. the blooms are getting slim now, but, I do have rebloom scapes on some I have seen lately. wonder of it alol has 4 or 5 scapes coming. and a few more I cant remember right now. I am sitting here so miserable right now, don't know what to do with myself. tummy is blowed up like a huge balloon right now,and its miserable :)

jean

Comments (11)

• shive
    10 years ago

Poor Jean. Hope you feel better. Your daylilies look great! I love the photo of Rocket City and your little zinnias and the one of Wind On Water and the little dog statue. I laughed when I read Wonder of It All is slowing down ... to nine blooms a day. I think I'm only getting 7 to 9 blooms a day on mine, but I have three rebloom scapes coming. All but one of them opened all the way today. WOIA likes it hot, hot, hot.

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Westbourne flickering fireplace definitely my favorite here, when they have nice hot blend of colors and then the little white part, wow!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too like the Wind on Water pic, and your clump of Condilla looks great in the pot.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

I'm picking Westbourne Flickering Fireplace as my favorite. Love those bright colors.
    Val

• houstmag
    10 years ago

My pick for favorite is Marietta Surprise what a lovely color. Hope your feeling better.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Jean: Hope you feel better.
    I'm wondering about your pic of Westbourne Kirby Kids Playtime as the bloom should have pink in the bloom color. I'm guessing your heat is turning the bloom color very whitish. I had it or maybe I still have it here in my garden. Now I'll have to go and check as I got rid of alot of Westbourne daylilies last year.

Wonder Of It All is super. Love it.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Impossible for me to pick a favorite, since I think they are all fabulous, and think how wonderful it is for you to go out in your garden and see them. I will say the bright colored ones do stand out, but there's beauty in all the others, too.I always love seeing your pictures. Avedon

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

So sorry you're not feeling well. Westbourne Flickering Fireplace is a knockout. I planted 3 Westbournes a few weeks ago....they are my first ones. I hope they do well here but now I'm worried since Julia said she got rid of a lot of Westbournes. I also like Wind on Water and I also adore Wild One. Hope mine blooms for me this year.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Good grief, Jean. I hope you feel better.

Wild One is a long time bloomer, isn't it? Min is still blooming too. That's the first time I've seen Flickering Fireplace and it is a pretty one. Rocket City looks great. and I always love Beautiful Edgings and Susan Weber. You have many very pretty blooms today.

kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

The clump of Rocket City really looks great. And Wild One and Beautiful Edgings are my favorites today. Hope you feel better this morning.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Thank you, all, I do feel much better this morning, but, sure had a miserable night. could not even sleep till after 4 this morning..Bet I never eat green beans and sliced cucumbers both in the same meal again:(not sure if that had abything to do with it, but,I know I was one miserable person till close to daylight this morning..
    DEBRA: thank you,. yes wonder of it all loves hot , hot weather. in very warm weather it opens perfect every day, such a beautiful bloom. I am so glad yours is doing better now,and you can injoy its beauty.
    Julia, yes it was faded big time.I have several that fades before they even open up..
    Kay, yes I feel bettr today, Thank you, yes WILD ONE Blooms a long time, but I am not ready to see the last bloom on it yet.I am not ready to see the endd of any of them not blooming.
    Thank you RITA.
    Didn't take pictures this morning.Just wasn't up to it. might take a few this evening if anything looks good after this 90 something temp today.
    Thank you all for looking and commenting.

jean