Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Seedlings from the past few days

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 12 at 22:43

Here's a seedling that I got very excited about over the weekend. It's a large 7.5-inch seedling with a white bubbly edge and some teeth. It's been cool here, so I can't wait to see if the teeth get bigger and increase when the heat is on again. It's NOT an early morning opener, and I ripped a petal trying to get it open.

Trimmer seedling "Laughing Hyena" X Back Scratcher

Here it is from the other angle where you can see the teeth better.

By request, here's another photo of Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction.

This is the sib to the Precious Candy X Twilight Illusion seedling that I've posted several times. The blooms are much larger than its round sister - in the 6-6.5 range.

Precious Candy X Twilight Illusion #2 ffo

Here's the same seedling yesterday. I don't know if the lighter edges are weather related or something that will continue.

Here's the early blooming sib, PC X TI #1, showing some white teeth on the edge today.

HERO WORSHIP X Unknown - The color is unique - a stippled bronze rose - and it has perfect round form.

Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue - What I like about this one is its size - 7.5-8 inches

Black Plush X Starman's Quest

My Darling Clementine X Exotic Candy

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Seedlings from the past few days

Great seedlings I like the first one and the Hero Worship seedling it's very diffirent.
Linda

o

Thanks Linda! It's taken me awhile to decide I like the Hero Worship seedling because of its unusual color and stippling.

Debra

o

Your stippled seedling is so unusual, both for the stippling and the color. The 2 pictures of the Precious Candy seedling don't even look like the same flower! The color on the 2FO is very pretty.
Christine

o

I really like that first one, the color is pretty, and I love that lighter midribbing. The teeth are a real bonus! All that & a big flower, just a winner I think.

o

Beautiful seedlings and I really like that first one like you do. I also like the Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue one. Really pretty and I like large flowers!

o

Nancy and Rita - I love gigantic blooms as long as they have sturdy scapes, and the seedling in the first two photos has thick, strong scapes. The Watchyl Lady Butterfly seedling has medium sized scapes, but they have held in strong winds. The Awesome Applique x Blazing Saddles that everyone has liked in previous posts has a 7-8 inch bloom, but the scapes bend in storms. That may be what rules it out as an introduction.

Debra

o

Love the colors on the Clemetine/Exotic Candy cross, but I still think your Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction is just lovely.

o

What a beautiful group! You should be proud of them, there is a lot of variety too :D

I hate when a petal rips when you're gently trying to coax it open a bit...I'm still kicking myself that I marred my 1st seedling's 1st bloom last week.

Cheers!
~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

o

Very nice seedlings Debra. Watchyl Lady Butterfly x Eyes A Blue caught my eye. Nice work.

Julia

o

great pics! I like that red one teeth or no, and although I don't love midribs, it looks great on flowers like this red for the contrast. what joy it must have been to find it. :)

o

Great seedlings Debra. I know you're a happy camper getting to see all these beautiful kids blooming! Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here