Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oldies But Goodies

Posted by gadaylily 7b McDonough,GA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 22:44

Guy's, I started collecting daylilies in the early 90's. The arrival of my daughter in 97 put a damper on my time and my involvement was greatly impacted but I never lost my love for the flowers.

I fell in love with the Child's lilies and have maintained many to date. Trahlyta, Ferris Wheel, Prissy Frills, Fellow, Enjoy, Top Honors, and many other.

Here's a couple from today..

Blue Reflection

Satin Bird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oldies But Goodies

They're really beautiful lavenders!

Debra

o

I like Childs, too. How many do you have in your collection? Ferris Wheel is off to a bad start here because it's on a very short scape for some reason, possibly the late freeze we had. I hadn't seen Blue Reflection before and it's very pretty.

o

Oh My!! Love them both their my favorite colors too.
Linda

o

Oh, so you now have a 15-year-old... My wonderful daughters are now 40 and 42, but I remember 15 very well. This is probably a great time for you to reconnect with your daylilies. :)

BLUE REFLECTION is lovely and soothing. I don't have any unusual forms in my small collection, but I like the crispate look.
Christine

o

They're lovely and Blue Reflection is my favorite. That is one gorgeous daylily!

Celeste

o

Lovely color on both daylilies, really pretty.

o

Glad that you now have more time to devote to the garden. Those blooms today are lovely.

o

Other Child's here are Endearing, Big Deal, Burnished Amber and a very special pink "Summer Anthem" (one of the few Tet's).

o

Very pretty, gardening is therapeutic (I have 5 children ages 4 thru 22, 3 boys 2 girls) and therefore need lots of therapy at times, hence the reason for 11 gardens. lol

Albeit to say that they are well manicured would make me look
like Pinochio.

Rena'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here