Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how many to order?

Posted by linda888 5 central Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 23:04

Hello,

Newby here! I am thinking of ordering some daylilies. How many should I order if I want to fill a bed that is about 3 by 10 feet? For instance on one site they were $7 for "bloom size double fan divisions - 'two plants'"

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how many to order?

When they clump up, they will be 18-24 inches wide. I would order 6 and put some low growing annuals in front of them.

Debra

o
RE: how many to order?

Linda, Debra gave good advice. There are so many beautiful choices even at the low end of the price range. Go slow. The more online nurseries you look at. The more you see posted here the more clear and refined your taste will become. It won't be saving money or work to plant heavy and quick only to have to pull some out for over crowding which will not give you good bloom and need to change with your improved awareness of what is possible in your more educated future. It is a learning curve that is so much fun and so beautiful. Have a great time and keep checking out all the posts. Look at many Daylily nursery sites and know that the color can be effected by the type of monitor on your computer so look at eh same DL from multiple sites and take the average as true

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here