Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
floota

More peeks during peak..

floota
11 years ago

The above is the title of my latest blog post. For some reason, lots of pictures of spiders and UFs found their way into the blog, but there are some full forms too.

Hope you have time to look!

Here is a link that might be useful: More peeks during peak..

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

And beauties they are too!
    kay

• Edward_Kimball
    11 years ago

I don't know how the rest of the continent can deal with peak bloom so early. What do you do with the rest of your summer? I have three more weeks of peonies and irises before my daylilies start.

• lynxe
    11 years ago

"I don't know how the rest of the continent can deal with peak bloom so early. What do you do with the rest of your summer?"

Grow hostas, of course. Sheesh. ;)

floota, gorgeous as usual. I knew I should have ordered QUILLER! That look's one of my current favorites. In fact, I'm really loving all reds this year, like last year. Add in a pale or chalky eye, and what's better than that?

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning !!!!!!
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Your blog is a work of art!

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for visiting, everyone. I'm quite far behind with pictures so hopefully more will be forthcoming.Hope you can check back periodically!

Edward, peak bloom is two weeks ahead of normal this year. I'm seeing more rebloom scapes than normal and some of the late bloomers haven't even put up scapes yet. But the truth is, here in the South, in the latter part of July-August, it is usually so miserable with high temps and 100% humidity that there is little desire to spend much time working outside then! Once blooms decline to a trickle, I usually go outside a little bit early AM and late PM but don't do much heavy duty work ( like now)in the garden at that time of year.
    Of course, one can always travel north to see their bloom seasons as yours wanes. I'm looking forward to the National in Mid-July and the Region 9 meeting the week after that!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

I especially found the Clement cultivars interesting. Thanks for posting.

• gothiclibrarian
    11 years ago

Floota, Crystalline Entity and Miss Piggy are just fabulous! Wonderful images though, all of them, thanks for sharing!

Edward: Everything in my garden is still about 3 weeks early. *Technically* USDA moved me to 6A this winter, but I'm still saying 5B so in my head at least I'm the same as you.

It's been soooooo dry too...we're still in moderate drought in Indianapolis, I'm sure that's hurrying things along as well.

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Here is a link that might be useful: GothicLibrarian.net

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Love your blog and thanks for posting two of my very-very favorites, Mount Ararat and Rose F.Kennedy. They are still the two most beautiful blooms in the world for me since I saw them last year in your threads!

• floota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another post was added today about bloom machines. Lots of pictures. Hope you get a chance to look!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bloom machines!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

If you haven't looked at Floota's blog addition yet, by all means do so. Gorgeous clumps and blooms.
    kay