Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Where are Miss Ellie, Cindy, Rita and Celeste?

shive
9 years ago

I'm missing some of our friends who used to post frequently during daylily season. I hope all of them are OK.

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Rita kind of dropped out last year. I think she is posting some on another forum. I'm worried that Miss Ellie is not well because she usually posts. Cindy posted early this year, but I haven't seen anymore from her. And I don't know about Celeste. She may have her hands really full with caring for her parents. Miss them all.

kay

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay - I do see Rita's posts on another forum, but she rarely posts daylily photos there anymore. I do remember seeing a post from Cindy in May about her grandson taking more of her time now. But I am worried about Miss Ellie. She loved to show her seedling photos. You may be right about Celeste. I remember her father was not well last summer, and with her mother and grandkids, she may be very busy.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Ellie does post some photos on Facebook. I'm sending her a message telling her she's missed here.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

May I ask what forum Rita posts on?

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

All Things Plants

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I was wondering in particular about Rita too. She was all over this forum in early spring even when daylilies weren't in bloom. Hadn't seen her here or the ATP daylily forum either this year. Hope everyone knows they are missed and will come back and let us know they are alright.....Maryl

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

From Ellie via Facebook:

". . . I have a limited access to the Internet which I will change as soon as my contract is up. I think of you all daily as I work I n the daylilies. Give my love to everyone and thank you."

I asked her to join us as soon as she can. She's posted some great seedling pics on FB.

• celeste/NH
    9 years ago

I am so glad I checked in here tonight. Thank you Debra for asking about me and the others. It always feels nice to know one is missed. You are absolutely right in that I have my hands full and then some. I do check in here often because I still love daylilies and my gardens passionately and miss you all so much but I have no time to myself to sleep or relax, let alone post. It has been a very trying year. Since I have posted last summer many things have happened in my life. I lost my cats Lily and then Nemo (I often posted their pictures) within a month of each other, then my mother-in-law died of pancreatic cancer, my mom who has Alzheimer's is in the late stages and is bedridden now, completely incontinent bowel & bladder and must be spoon-fed baby food. My dad is very confused and is no longer capable of having a garden (so heartbreaking) and must be watched so he doesn't fall or wander. Then I went from having just the one grandson and now I have 4.....with another on the way any day now! Yes, 5 grandsons! Ages 4, 16 months, 12 months, 4 weeks and baby-to-be. My older daughter who had her baby last year moved out but I babysit Oliver 40-50 hours a week so she can work and my younger daughter is living with us and will be going in to labor anytime now. (due in 5 weeks but already having signs it might be earlier). Her situation is complicated because she moved away last fall to marry a guy in the Army, moving across the country to Washington state and as soon as she got pregnant he wanted a divorce. So she came home and we are supporting her. I also help watch the other grandchildren when I am called upon. But I do still garden! I will NEVER give it up even though I have realized I am in over my head with so many gardens and so many other responsibilities. My gardens are breathtaking right now, with all the roses in bloom, the foxgloves, clematis, lupines, etc. and I have scapes! Everything is late this year because the winter held on forever here. I want so much to share pictures of everything but doubt I will have the time to upload, etc. It's all so time-consuming and I appreciate those of you who do! I used to love sharing pictures with you all so much. IF I ever do find a few minutes I will try to post once the daylilies start up but I can't guarantee it.....lol. What little free time I have is spent in the garden working. When things aren't so crazy I'll be back!!! Love to you all.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Good to hear from you. I was afraid life was extra hectic for you and I'm sorry you are so stressed. I'm glad you have your garden, because it is such a source of joy. Take care.
    kay

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Celeste - It's so good to see your post! Take care of yourself. You are one busy lady. I imagine the roses are smelling sweet at your place right now. I hope you have a few minutes everyday to enjoy your garden.

Chris - Thanks for the update about Ellie!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 10:46

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Celeste, thanks for letting us know you're ok -- just incredible busy! Maybe you can still take some photos and post them later in the year, if things quiet down for you. We'd have a new batch of photos to look forward to.

Good luck to you and your daughter with grandson #5!

Chris

• sophies
    9 years ago

Celeste, although I rarely post I have enjoyed your posts so much. I hope you are taking care of yourself. It seems you are very busy taking care of so many others. You are an amazing lady.

Sophie