Rapid Eye Movement:

Karen Stephens Kinn:

Faithful and True:

Pretty close to Peak:

kay

Comments (16)

• sann777
    9 years ago

Kay, you sure have some pretty bright ones blooming. I liked Lady Jane Pearcy and Man of Sorrows the best. Keep posting. Sarah

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Barney and Shake the Mountain are a great combo, but my favorite is the beautiful Lady Jane Pearcy. I thought about adding that one this year and didn't think. I'm thinking definitely next year.

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

Rose F Kennedy sure does stand out. She's my favorite.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Wow, lots of beauties! I bought Rose F Kennedy last year, really looking forward to seeing the bloom here.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Sarah. I am not taking as many photos this year as I usually do, but can't resist pretty groups.
    Chris, Lady Jane Pearcy is a real bloom machine here, and since Paul Owens is the hybridizer, it should do very well there.
    Ikays, I had to have here when I saw postings of her.
    Twixanddud, You will love the bloom in person...it is even prettier than the photos.

thank you all for looking and commenting.

kay

• ruthz
    9 years ago

They are all pretty. I think Rose Kennedy is my favorite.
    What is the bright rose colored one in the group shot?

Of course I love your birdhouse since I grew up around the N. Georgia/Tennessee line.

• shive
    9 years ago

What a feast for the eyes! I can't pick a favorite as they are all wonderful! The blooms on Lady Jane Pearcy look huge. I'll have to find out more about that one.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 10:33

• Ed
    9 years ago

Super job growing your daylilies. Wonderful! Two thumbs up!
    Ed

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Fabulicious Kay ;-). You must be enjoying the fruits of your labor as that garden shot is terrific.

Julia

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Great photos Kay! I always admire Rose F Kennedy, Lady Jane is a beauty too, may have to add that to my already too long wish list. Man of Sorrows has been on that wish list for a while, I really need to look at getting some of these that I love so much. Love the photo of Barney with Shake the Mountain, they really look good together. Rapid Eye Movement is really nice there too, so perfect. Yeah, you get where I'm going, they all look really nice. I've been too busy to take many photos lately, trying to get some iris moved before it gets too hot. My daylilies are really just getting started good the last few days.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Really? Peak? Looks to me as though there are lots of buds yet. (You called peak too early last year.)

So many nice ones here. Karen Stephens is a color I like, but alas, it is a Kinnebrew. Please Say Yes is such a vivid color, and it has done well here. Shake the Mountain, disappointing here. Barney, one of Benz's finest.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Gorgeous, kay.I always look forward to your photos.always so pretty. LOve Barney and Shake the mountain together. very pretty. Emperor Butterfly: is a beauty, too.Was looking for Pink Gingham, but, you didn't post it unless that's it in the middle of the group photo.you got lots of pretty one and Rose Kennedy really stands out.

jean

• BlazenMarine
    9 years ago

I'm jealous! so very jealous! and there is a Spiderman Daylily!!???? i must know where to get them, as i am a comic nerd and it would make me happy!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting.
    Ruth, that is Wall of Fire, an Emmerich beauty.
    Debra, that is a Paul Owens baby, and it is a really fine bloomer.
    Ed, high praise from an expert like you, thank you.
    Julia, I am feeling guilty because I haven't labored enough this year, but I am getting some work done.
    Mantis, you are right as usual. Today is much more floriferous. It took Shake the Mountain about 5 years to really begin to bloom so much...prior to that, I would get maybe 8 or 10 blooms. I like the way Please Say Yes gives a bouquet of blooms. It is such a cheerful one, and I am partial to any shade of red.
    Jean, I am trying to not post a lot of any one flower...can't help myself on a few, and Pink Gingham is doing its usual bloomfest, so you may see it again.
    Blazenmarine, Spiderman is a really nice plant. Big blooms and a lot of them once it is established. It is a reliable rebloomer for me too. Glad you enjoyed it.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Great combo with Barney and Shake the Mountain. I've got to join the chorus of praise for Lady Jane Percy. All your reds look great. Is that your favorite color? You've done a good job photographing them all.............Maryl

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi, Maryl.

Reds, oranges, purples, pinks, and especially eyed varieties are what I really like. However, hot colors appeal to me too. I have a few solids, edges, and others that I love, but red does seem to catch my eye quickly. Lady Jane is probably as good a blooming plant as you will find. If you like the very large blooms and a lot of them, she is a really good choice.

kay