Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's still blooming in my garden

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 0:25

I've been out of town for a few days, but these are some blooms from before my trip last week and from this evening.

BAJA CALIFORNIA is finally showing its true colors after a few cooler days.

PATSY CARPENTER reblooming

ROYAL JESTER, one of my latest lates, is blooming.

AUGUST CHERRY, another late, is having multiple blooms everyday. Excuse the weeds, please.

A late scape blooming on MUSICAL MEDLEY

Seedling Dust Be Diamonds X Tuxedo Junction had twins today. This is a late blooming bud builder.

Seedling "Rubber Maid" is having a lot multiples on rebloom.

The last two blooms on the last WONDER OF IT ALL scape.

ONCE UPON A TIME, an ML bloomer is blooming very late this year.

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's still blooming in my garden

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 1:55

I love the bagel form on Musical Melody and it's soft pastel color and delicate ruffled edging. Wonder Of it All is almost always a winner. The rest are pretty too, but tonight those are the two that appeal to my tired old eyes.....Maryl

o

I'm in a yellow mood, so my vote is for PATSY CARPENTER, especially since it's a polychrome. (I wish mine would bloom; I think it needs more sun.)

o

Maryl - Musical Medley is a pretty pastel. I just wish it were a little taller. The scapes are never taller than 18-20 inches here.

Poly - Patsy Carpenter has a gorgeous, huge blooms this season. It didn't bloom for me the first season. This year it has five fans, but only one put up a scape and rebloomed. I'm hoping it performs better next year.

Debra

o

Oooh, Debra, all are so pretty. Can't miss the color of August Cherry, but I especially like the Dust Be Diamonds seedling, WOIA, and Margo Reed's beauty, Once Upon A Time. I am wondering if I am brave enough to try one of the Reeds to see how it does here, since I believe nearly all of hers are dormants. Well, we have dormants here that do well, so nothing ventured, nothing gained, guess I will go for it, since I love her DLs. Thanks for all the nice pics. Avedon

o

You still have some very pretty ones blooming. Love BAJA CALIFORNIA. very pretty.aUGUST CHERRY is BRight one and I love reds anyway.MUSICAL MEDLEY is a beauty, too.
WONDER OF IT ALL is gorgeous.Mine had its last bloom yesterday.Today, I only had 3 blooms so didnt bother with pictures.
jean

o

Baja continues to be a stunner, and I love the delicate coloring of Musical Medley. Royal Jester just started blooming here, too. Every photo of Wonder of it All has looked perfect. Perhaps it's time to look into that one.

o

Beautiful as always. Love BAJA CALIFORNIA the best!

o

They are all pretty, love August Cherry, it's so bright! I like the look of Royal Jester a lot (and the fact that it's very late) but you said it's not an EMO, but I still think about it.
Rubber Maid looks pretty and I like the edge. For some reason I thought it was late, but reblooming with multiples is great too.
And my very very favorite is beautiful Baja California!

o

BAJA CALIFORNIA is just stunning, my very favorite of these. I like Royal Jester too with its bitone look. A late one too, how perfect. Your seedlings look really nice too.

o

Baja dazzles me too. How did you come up with "Rubber Maid"? Does it have a lot of substance? I see that violets are flourishing in your garden too. They always seem to grow right next to the crown.

o

Your Dust Be Diamonds seedling is the winner. I do like Baja California though...LOL!! Ellie

o
RE: Response

Avedon - I know it's a gamble for you on the dormants. But if you generally have some freezing weather in the winter, I would try some Reed daylilies.

Jean - You may have only had three blooms, but at least you are still getting bloom. I can remember past years when mine were totally done by July 4.

Chris - I don't think you would be happy with Wonder of It All. It likely wouldn't open for you in your climate 80 percent of the time. Those are the results Rita had with it. Mine only performs well when nighttime temps are in the 70s and daytime highs are in the 90s to 100s. I can really see why it's loved in the far south.

Rita, Nat, Nancy, Ellie and Mantis - I was really happy to see a red eye and edge on Baja. Supposedly it has 50 or more buds for Trimmer and reblooms multiple times. I'll be interested to see how it does here next year.

Mantis - "Rubber Maid" does have thick substance like rubber and holds her color in triple digit temps. I'm hoping she will be the mother of whole line of heat busters. The wild violets do like to residence close to the crowns of my daylilies. When it gets cooler, I'll have to dig them out.

Ellie and Avedon- Thanks for liking my Dust Be Diamonds seedling!

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here