Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Blooms from the past week

Julia WV (6b)
9 years ago

A busy week and this is what was blooming yesterday and the past week. Humidity was unbearable earlier in the week and then we took a big drop in temps after the storms blew through.I'm sure the plants are totally confused and I have noticed more dying foliage earlier than normal.

ONLY IN DREAMS

TRULY ANGELIC

CONCORDE NELSON

STARTLE

GRAPEADE

THE HOLO DECK

PENNY PINSLEY

EARTH AND ALL STARS

SOMBREO WAY

Seedlings.....
UNKNOWN PARENTAGE

SOF X IIF

LN X P

And then just some multibloom pics of ones I've shown before

HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS

JAMIE DOCKERY

TOBY VS GODZILLA

MAGIC OF OZ - not sure if I posted this already

A mixed bag of blooms.

CARNIVAL IN MEXICO

STEALTH BOMBER

PATTERN EVOLUTION

WISEST OF WIZARDS

BACKSEAT ROMANCE

CAUGHT RED HANDED

EVIDENCE OF ALIENS

Stopping here. Have a great week.
Julia

Comments (12)

• Nancy
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow, lots of lovely blooms. Great photo of Startle, I haven't seen anyone post that one in a long time. I don't have it, but rarely do I see a really good photo of it. Love them all, but I'm really admiring Evidence of Aliens. Reminds me of one I have, Christmas Is. Not a fantastic daylily, short & not many buds, but I keep it because I like the big eye & large wide open flowers.

• shive
    9 years ago

The weather has been crazy! We've got the unbearable humidity with 98 degree temps today, then rain, and the temps plummet. My favorite photo is of the mixed bag group. My favorite of your registered ones is Earth and All Stars. (I had to look that one up for more info!) Jamie Dockery is a beauty too! My favorite of the seedlings is the red one.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Wow! Such a beautiful post, Julia! It is really pretty in your garden right now. I like the "mixed bag of blooms" really well. My favorites are always multiple blooms. Evidence of Aliens is my kind of bright bloom. Love Stealth bomber, and Magic of Oz is such a pretty one. Beautiful souls on Fire seedling, and you know I am a fan of Tamales and Red Hots. Lovely post

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the comments.
    If you ever get MEAN GREEN OR RIBBIT RIBBIT, be sure to give them lots of space. They are thugs for garden space.

Nancy: EVIDENCE OF ALIENS always makes me smile when I see it in the garden. Looks like it was in a wind tunnel LOL.

Julia

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Looks like daylily paradise to me! Sure do have a lot of pretty blooms going on right now. Your SOF seedling is very pretty.....outstanding color. I think Earth And All Stars is very pretty too. Your Startle has a much nicer color than mine.....mine always looks a bit blotchy..

Linda

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

The colors in your photos are outstanding. My favorite is James Dockery but I also like Hot Tamales and Red Hots. That Lilac color on Only in dreams is dreamy, but I bet in our climate it would be more mauve then Lilac. It's sure a winsome combination in your picture paired with HTARH.......Maryl

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

I love that mixed bag shot and your picture of Jamie Dockery is perfect!

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

What's in the mixed bag photo? I see Mean Green and Magic of Oz.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

What a great group of blooms you have. Jamie Dockery looks beautiful, and I love Concorde Nelson and Magic of Oz. Thanks for the show.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The mixed bag in that pic is:
    WHAT'S UP DOWN SOUTH
    MEAN GREEN
    MAGIC OF OZ
    MOUNT ECHO SUNRISE
    INTELLIGENT DESIGN
    RIBBIT RIBBIT (on the back side)
    and RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE being hidden by the giants.

Here is a pic showing them on the other side. The oddity of this pic is you see that whitish streak in the mid of the pic? I think I may have a ghost in my garden :-O.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Beautiful blooms again and my favorite one, too. STEALTH BOMBER. it sure is pretty, but my favorite one today isJAMIE DOCKERY. gosh that's pretty.Love seeing STARTLE. never see that one very much, and is that EL DESPERADO blooming. looks like it anyway, so very pretty
    Those seedling are very pretty, too,I especially like that RED one.. it is unbearable hot here this week. upper 90's and feels like 106 today.Just too hot for me to be outside.and everything needs a good drink, but, we have 50% chance for storms tonight, so I am going to wait till morning to see if it does it or not, probably not, but at least the sun is starting to go down so it wont be as hot tonight on them.
    Take care,

jean

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Great pics and pretty daylilies, pretty seedlings too, esp like unknown and SOF. But oooh I love love love Mean Green!