Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lime Frost Disease?

Posted by whaas 5a SE WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 8:23

This cultivar has had this streak leaf disease for 3 years straight and wondering if Lime Frost is known for this disease?

Or is it simply once the plant has it, its tough to get rid of it rid?

I hate to get rid of these as they are finally established. Plus the thing blooms like crazy late in the year. I don't know of any other white bloomers late in the year that bloom this heavy.

photo photo-5.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lime Frost Disease?

Thrips, spider mites, and slugs do most of the damage to my daylily leaves. Trips and spider mites turn foliage kind of pale silvery or yellowish and you get spots of yellow from where they suck the juice from leaves. Hate thrips the most they damage the flower scape's as well. The leaves with the brown on them looks like slug damage.

o
RE: Lime Frost Disease?

Looks very good to me, nice and green. You can pull or cut those couple brown bottom leaves. I moved my Lime Frost this spring and I wish mine looked the same :) Guess it didn't like being disturbed.
Pretty bed, btw!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here