Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice Bloomers

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 8:39

Still going strong here, even with the very cool nights that make it difficult for flowers to open. Here's what's blooming:

HIGH STEPPIN' CHARLIE is a nice bright pink:

photo DSCN6864_zpsf5764cca.jpg

CAPACITY FOR WONDER is a terrific polychrome. The pink highlights might not show up as clearly in the photo, but I love how unusual it is to have a bright yellow flower that's a polychrome:

photo DSCN6868_zps73c8c0dc.jpg

CEZANNE, a very reliable Munson:

Cezanne photo DSCN6875_zps60bff95c.jpg

BILLY STENNETT looks better here than in any previous year, probably because of the cool temps. Usually it's more mauve (my least favorite color, you know):

photo DSCN6831_zps1cd21dac.jpg

GAUDY GAUDY is exactly what its name implies. The bottom petal isn't chewed, by the way -- the petal ruffle is curled under.

Gaudy Gaudy photo DSCN6878_zpsaf43345b.jpg

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE is fast becoming a favorite:

photo DSCN6816_zps3571f592.jpg

TWO SUES is still going strong:

photo DSCN6883_zpsb2a91f40.jpg

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nice Bloomers

All are so nice, my favorite is probably Two Sues, with CAPACITY FOR WONDER close 2nd.

o

Ooh, I'm really liking Capacity for Wonder. I can see the pink midribs. Your clumps of Two Sues looks grand. MIne is still at three fans in the pot. It really needs to be in the ground to multiply. Allegheny Skyline is indeed wonderful. I think it was my favorite Hanson here, even with just two fans that scaped.

Debra

o

Very nice blooms, Chris. Oddly enough (I don't usually really like yellows all that much) Gaudy Gaudy appeals to me and I really like High Steppin' Charlie.

kay

o

I love polychromes! And two sues looks great!

o

Is Capacity for Wonder a good bloomer? The Goldilocks Effect has been a bit slow to multiply here; maybe it's not in the best location.

o

Thanks, all. Poor Capacity for Wonder has been in the shade its whole life (under a pine tree) and still manages to produce plenty of blooms. Mantis, I just moved Goldilocks Effect again this spring and had a few blooms, but it's in a good location now so next year should be much better.

o

They are all open very well! We have cooler nights here too and by my usual time of photo taking many are not open right. Most do later in the day.
Love High Steppin' Charlie and Sezanne has pretty colors! Both yellows are beautiful, lovely green center in Capacity for Wonder and nice edge on Gaudy Gaudy. In fact I like all today's flowers!
I admit I am not too crazy about Two Sues, and I got it as a bonus this year.. Don't even know where to put it (it's potted for now), but I'll give them ;) a chance.

o

Thanks, Nat. I think you'd have plenty of takers for Two Sues if you're not crazy about it. It's done very well for me here.

o

Very nice! I love the looks of Capacity for Wonder and Allegheny Skyline. Not much was really open here this morning, it was 45 degrees at my house.

o

Chris how tall is Two Sues in your garden?

o

dbl

This post was edited by nat4b on Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 19:40

o

Nat, Two Sues is probably 32" here.

Twix, it was really cold here last night, too. I only had a few that opened all the way.

o

very pretty blooms again, today, my favorite today is
ALLEGHENY SKYLINE .That sure is a pretty one.and
BILLY STENNETT is very pretty, too.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here