Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Nice Bloomers

maximus7116
9 years ago

Still going strong here, even with the very cool nights that make it difficult for flowers to open. Here's what's blooming:

HIGH STEPPIN' CHARLIE is a nice bright pink:

CAPACITY FOR WONDER is a terrific polychrome. The pink highlights might not show up as clearly in the photo, but I love how unusual it is to have a bright yellow flower that's a polychrome:

CEZANNE, a very reliable Munson:

BILLY STENNETT looks better here than in any previous year, probably because of the cool temps. Usually it's more mauve (my least favorite color, you know):

GAUDY GAUDY is exactly what its name implies. The bottom petal isn't chewed, by the way -- the petal ruffle is curled under.

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE is fast becoming a favorite:

TWO SUES is still going strong:

Chris

Comments (13)

• Nancy
    9 years ago

All are so nice, my favorite is probably Two Sues, with CAPACITY FOR WONDER close 2nd.

• shive
    9 years ago

Ooh, I'm really liking Capacity for Wonder. I can see the pink midribs. Your clumps of Two Sues looks grand. MIne is still at three fans in the pot. It really needs to be in the ground to multiply. Allegheny Skyline is indeed wonderful. I think it was my favorite Hanson here, even with just two fans that scaped.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Very nice blooms, Chris. Oddly enough (I don't usually really like yellows all that much) Gaudy Gaudy appeals to me and I really like High Steppin' Charlie.

kay

• njmomma
    9 years ago

I love polychromes! And two sues looks great!

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Is Capacity for Wonder a good bloomer? The Goldilocks Effect has been a bit slow to multiply here; maybe it's not in the best location.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, all. Poor Capacity for Wonder has been in the shade its whole life (under a pine tree) and still manages to produce plenty of blooms. Mantis, I just moved Goldilocks Effect again this spring and had a few blooms, but it's in a good location now so next year should be much better.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

They are all open very well! We have cooler nights here too and by my usual time of photo taking many are not open right. Most do later in the day.
    Love High Steppin' Charlie and Sezanne has pretty colors! Both yellows are beautiful, lovely green center in Capacity for Wonder and nice edge on Gaudy Gaudy. In fact I like all today's flowers!
    I admit I am not too crazy about Two Sues, and I got it as a bonus this year.. Don't even know where to put it (it's potted for now), but I'll give them ;) a chance.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Nat. I think you'd have plenty of takers for Two Sues if you're not crazy about it. It's done very well for me here.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Very nice! I love the looks of Capacity for Wonder and Allegheny Skyline. Not much was really open here this morning, it was 45 degrees at my house.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Chris how tall is Two Sues in your garden?

• nat4b
    9 years ago

dbl

This post was edited by nat4b on Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 19:40

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nat, Two Sues is probably 32" here.

Twix, it was really cold here last night, too. I only had a few that opened all the way.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

very pretty blooms again, today, my favorite today is
    ALLEGHENY SKYLINE .That sure is a pretty one.and
    BILLY STENNETT is very pretty, too.

jean

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?