Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
formerly_twixanddud

Some of what's been blooming so far... picture heavy

There have not been many good picture mornings - it seems like most days it's either been too cold for most of the daylilies to open well or it's been rainy. Or both.

First daylily to bloom (other than Happy Returns) was Coyote Moon. This is one I saw at a daylily show probably 8 years ago and tracked down later that year.

Coyote Moon with a slightly different look on a different day. Lots of buds and scapes.

Ashwood Still Night was the next daylily to bloom here.

A different look of Ashwood Still Night in different conditions

Tetrina's Grand Daughter. New last fall, blooming on very short scapes.

Web of Intrigue

Robert Lee Batt poly'd for it's premiere

Early Shirley

Lip Smack

Rock Solid... I generally don't care for light pink, but this daylily will always be in my garden. EMO, perfect openings almost every time, great bloomer.

Rock Solid again. What's not to love?

Wild One

Black Falcon Ritual

Black Falcon Ritual in a sea of other flowers and other daylilies that aren't blooming yet

Green Mystique

Moon N Y'all - received as a bonus probably 6 weeks ago, FFO today. Pretty flower beaten up a little by the rain early this morning.

Thanks for looking! Laura

Comments (14)

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Nice photos of all of them. Lip Smack looks really nice, it has done really well here for me, blooms always look good. Rock Solid is really pretty. Green Mystique has a really perfect look too. Your garden shots look wonderful, I wish my garden looked so perfect. I've done really well at weeding this year, but some of my "plants" look rather weedy. Guess I should think about getting rid of some of those, but then I'd have to get more plants

• growgirl
    9 years ago

Nice! Rock Solid looks good and it is nice to know it opens well. I am right there with you on taking pictures. I have taken very few due to the same weather issues. Walked around this morning after the storm last night. Alot of mine are pretty beat up today. This weather needs to start cooperating! :)

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Rock Solid is very reliable. Lip Smack I like, but not the 20" height; those get lost here. Your Ashwood Still Night looks very good; mine has had the splotchies much of the season. I see lots of buds; here bud count is way down.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Very nice photos, I especially liked the one that showed a garden scene with Black Falcon ritual smack in the middle. Green Mystique is a lovely bloom and that is a great shot of it. and Wild One is always a favorite of mine.
    kay

• deangreen
    9 years ago

really like the solid purple one. Bold one is definitely a show off! nice photos. :)

• growgirl
    9 years ago

I agree with you about the weather not cooperating for good pictures. The rain last night messed alot of mine up today. And, I have alot of FFO's tomorrow with big buds! I hope the rain holds out long enough to get pictures in the morning. I have my fingers crossed :) Your pictures are wonderful. Especially your garden shot. I love to see what members gardens look like. They give me inspiration for my own beds.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Looks like you might have had some of the same thunderstorms we had here, but your pictures still look terrific. That photo of Green Mystique is terrific! Your Hansons all look great, too.

• statmam
    9 years ago

Just lovely, all of them. Please pardon my ignorance, but are the blue starbursts in your pictures garden ornaments, or amazingly colored alliums, or some other leafless, rotationally-symmetric plants that thrive in zone 6? I'm leaning towards garden ornaments but hoping for plants.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

That first shot of Ashwood Still Night made my mouth water. Norris does do the dark colors well. Green Mystique is always a favorite. I love looking at flower masses in beds. Yours is exceptionally pretty. That red Echinacea just shouts at me. Very pretty all of it.........Maryl

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

WOW!!!!!! what beautiful blooms and garden. Sure can not pick a favorite ous of these as every one of them is gorgeous,, especially that purple and wild one and green
    Mystique .that bloom is always a beauty, anywhere its at.your garden shots are superb. gorgeous.

jean

• deangreen
    9 years ago

awesome sea of flowers!! great photo. :)

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments! There have been daylilies I have not been able to get a good picture of because of the weather, like Primal Scream and Margo Reed Indeed both had their FFOs yesterday. This morning, there are a few others that look to have their FFOs, but are not fully open yet and may not be before the storm rolls in. Growgirl, I hope you have better luck whereever you are in MI this morning.

Maryl, the echinacea is Hot Papaya, it's my favorite. Unfortunately, the Japanese beetles love it too for some reason though! Since the older blooms are kind of fluffy, scraggly and dark colored, the beetles (and the damage) are not that noticeable. I just go by and knock the JBs into a container of soapy water every couple of days.

Statmam, you're right, those are garden ornaments/art... they are 'alliums' that Gardener's Supply sells/sold, Everlasting Allium - I have several of them, just gave four of them a fresh spray painting this spring. I love them.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Nice first daylily! I also like Wild One and Green Mystique. It looks perfect in your garden (added to wishlish ;))

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Your garden looks fabulous....not a weed in sight! Well done! I love the looks of Green Mystique and Wild One.

Linda