Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

How Lovely You Are

shive
10 years ago

As much as I love most Rice intros, this one really frustrate me. I call it How Goofed Up You Are, because that's what it is in my garden. Last year in the 100 degree temps it was cream instead of pink. Last week when we had cool nights it was pink, but it never opened. This week it's back to cream and still will not open. Even grown in a pot, it has good branching and bud count. I know Edward and Julia grow this one, and maybe others do too. This is the best bloom I've had in eight days, and it still isn't open flat. Does this happen in the North with it?

Comments (6)

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is what it looks like most days here even in the eveniings. Does it just have thrips? Do you think it would open if I had it in the ground. Should I just trash it? I really want it to be pink and not cream!!!!

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope those who grow this one will tell me about their experiences with it.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Debra: It hasn't opened her yet this year and last year it was too new to properly evaluate.
    When it does start blooming, I'll post a pic but maybe others already have it blooming.

Julia

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

Debra, my answer is identical to Julia's. When it blooms I will post pictures and an assessment.

Edward

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Edward and Julia - I'm especially interested in how and when the flowers open for you. I remember both your photos from last year, and it was indeed pink for both of you.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

How pretty, and how frustrating!
    kay