Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmomma_gw

Need places to order from please

njmomma
9 years ago

Besides Maryott's and Marietta's please. At least 2 of the ones I used to order from (Aren't I Pretty and Sunset Meadows? I think) closed down and they were really good with a huge variety from $5 to $150.
Thanks!

Comments (15)

• Ed
    9 years ago

Tim Bell or the Ellers. Both have great sales each fall.

• njmomma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anyone else?

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Is Amador Flower Farm reliable? They're in California with many oldies for $5.

Here is a link that might be useful: dormants at Amador

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Sterretts and Singing Oakes are okay. I wouldn't necessarily choose fall unless there is a sale. Plants from the south in the fall can be very dried up (such as Brown's Ferry, which sent some bad stuff last September).

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 23:06

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Blueridge and Slightly Different Nursery. they both have general cultivars as well as their own.
    kay

• lynxe
    9 years ago

Sunset Meadows closed? That's a sad thing to read.

I agree on Blueridge. Very large selection, and he sends great plants.

You didn't say what kinds of daylilies you like, but for a nice selection of spideries, how about Woodhenge?

• lynxe
    9 years ago

Amity Abloom. I've never ordered from them, but they have a huge selection.

Cherished Memories Daylilies. I've not ordered from her general price list, but I do have an intro from her, and I was very happy with the plant she sent.

• ruthz
    9 years ago

I second Singing Oakes Garden.
    I've ordered from them several times.
    The Jeffcoats are always so helpful. I was very sad to hear about the passing of Jim Jeffcoat.

I also like ordering from Wynn's.

• shive
    9 years ago

Here's a third vote for Singing Oakes. I didn't know Jim Jeffcoat had passed away.

Debra

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Places that I"ve ordered from in the last 12 months and would recommend: Harmon Hill, Blueridge, Ctdaylily, and Hickory Haven (HH is in the middle of getting a new website, their new one doesn't have all their images yet).

This post was edited by twixanddud on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 21:27

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I loved Sunset Meadows for inexpensive daylilies when I first started buying and saw recently they had closed.

I highly recommend Paul Owen at Slightly Different Nursery. I've also been happy with Singing Oakes and Gene Wynn, especially if you're at all interested in Munsons.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Singing Oakes has become one of my two favorite places to order. The other being Blueridge. I'm so sorry to hear of Peggy's loss. She's always so nice to talk to. When did Jim pass over - does anyone know?.......Maryl

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Mary, Jim passed July 7th.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Thank you Ruth for the information. So very sorry for her.loss ....Maryl

• deangreen
    9 years ago

I've always been happy with Singing oaks too. have purchases a lot of SIloams from there. also Blue Ridge is great.