Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Monday and finishing from Sunday

Julia WV (6b)
9 years ago

More storms predicted today and scary that we heard this morning that a possible tornado touched down not very far from here.

SEMINOLE WIND - has put on a fantastic show this year.

MEAN GREEN - just starting but with so many buds and scapes they are blocking each other. I need to divide it I think this fall along with a few others in that group.

UP MILL CREEK - Another high budcount and scapes this year. To the side is CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR. All just starting now. Need to divide this grouping.

MAUI SUNRISE - heavily budded on top this year. Just starting to open.

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE - concerned that this is the second year it has had short scapes. Just started blooming. I'll need to contact Judy on this one. Maybe I have it in the wrong spot.

CONCRETE BLONDE - don't know if I posted this before but it is just starting to open. Buds are preventing full openings on some.

DANKIE - started a couple of days ago. Some good blooms and some splotchy ones.

FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH - lots of scapes and buds but that is the problem. Too many and the blooms don't open fully. Time to divide it I guess.

WORTH IT ALL - the good and the bad. Some days perfect blooms and other days, it will have good and bad. These pics were taken over a 3 day period including today which showed good blooms. I don't spray my gardens and it wouldn't do any good this year with all the rain we keep having which is both good and bad.

CLOWN PARADE - I like the tall scapes, great openings and this was from two days ago but today, it also opened with a duo. Nice overall. Not a big increaser but maybe in time.

PPS X KI seedling - this mornings bloom.

SOUL ON FIRE - heavily budded and needs dividing this year.

If you've gotten this far, I will be putting together a list of plants that I need to move out of the garden because I have two of the same planting, the clump may look like one I have already or just would be better off in warmer climate. Most I will start in August. Some will be FREE for postage and others I will be selling off. Most will be clumps of 4 or more fans. I'll post here on the forum in a separate post.

Have a great week.
Julia

Comments (13)

• growgirl
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

All are beautiful. Especially Seminole Wind! Mean Green and Soul on fire are a close second!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

OH MY: Julia. Such beauties today.Looks like daylilies needs some cold winters to do good.These all look fantastic..SEMINOLE WIND is really a beauty.MAUI SUNRISE is a beauty, too. love that one.FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH is soo pretty, too.love that color. and CLOWN PARADE is always such a beauty. Wish it rebloomed, but, I haven't gotten hardly any reblooms this year at all. just 2 or 3 this year.Hopefully, next year will be a better year. Last year I had so many reblooming, my season was extended for a very long time. Thank you for the show, hope theres more to come.

jean

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

You have some really beautiful clumps of daylilies going on there. Seminole Wind looks so vibrant, as does Clown Parade, and Soul On Fire. Your seedling is gorgeous....really love how the green of the throat shows up on the sepals. Well done!

Linda

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Your garden is full of gorgeous plants! Seminole Wind is lovely. Soul on fire makes a lovely clump too. Clown Parade looks lovely too. A favorite as you know. I am intrigued by Mean Green and may wind up with it eventually, but I have so much to do in the garden, it won't be this year. I keep going back and looking at Seminole Wind, it is so pretty.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Got to go along with everyone else. Awesome picture of Seminole Wind. Soul on Fire is another favorite as is Worth It All...........Maryl

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Freedom's Triumph has yet to open well here. If it keeps that up, it is out of here.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all. Had to run errands this morning. Another rain soaker appears to be on the way.

mantis: I'm not sure what is going on with Freedom's Triumph as it typically has not been this bad in opening fully. Too many buds maybe? This is a pic from last year and it was perfect.

Julia

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Your photography is just so stunning! I feel like I can reach out and touch the flowers. Mean Green is my favorite of these and is one of my must gets. Is the color on your Soul on Fire always so vibrant? I'm jealous - mine is washed out more days than not. I've had it for probably 4 years, but it was in a pot until last fall. Must be the weather, the sun, the soil or something.

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Soul on Fire looks so much better in your garden. I wish I could get that great color.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We've had an over abundance of rain which I think is part of the reason. I try to take pics early in the morning before the sun gets up too high. SOF is on the west side of the house so I have a chance of beating the sun before it saturates that area too. Not always successful and cloudy days are perfect for picture taking.

Believe me I'm no photographer. Focus, click and shoot and move on to the next one LOL.

Julia

• shive
    9 years ago

The Seminole Wind and Soul on Fire clumps are just fabulous. I really need to move my Seminole Wind since the balloon flowers are moving into the clump and shading it so badly. Maui Sunrise is my favorite single. I love the colors and the nice bud count.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Your photos belie the notion that you are not a photographer. Your composition and lighting and lovely.
    kay

• njmomma
    9 years ago

Gorgeous pics! I love Mean Green! If you are looking to share the love send it this way! :) Going on my wish list!