Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Dashing out between raindrops

celeste/NH
10 years ago

Day after day for the past 2 weeks it has rained. Parts of my property are under water and I would need a boat to get to it....lol. All this rain took its toll on my roses which were at peak and what is left of them, the japanese beetles are enjoying. I am seeing so many slugs and insects in my gardens its crazy and the weeds are multiplying daily. Most daylilies are opening in spite of the darkness and wet conditions but photographing them isn't going well. It's foggy most days and dark. Then I got condensation on the camera lense and also my slippery hands dropped the darn thing on the ground after I was deadheading slimy spent blooms. So excuse the blurry photos and raindrops. I wish I could send the wet weather to those of you who need it!

Celeste

Bahama Butterscotch, ffo

Early Days, ffo

Siloam Pink Midget, ffo

Lights of Detroit, ffo

Celtic Veins, ffo

Infernal Fire...ffo ever (not perfect but amazed it opened at all in the downpour)

Astilbes love the rain

as do the bellflowers

Nefertiti

Moonlit Masquerade, ffo

Leonard Bernstein (opened up 8 flowers at once but they all got spotted from the raindrops)

Sweet Seneca Kisses, a wee little thing!

Siloam Apple Blossom

Robin's Tuition

Bluebird hydrangea

MORE LATER!

Comments (10)

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I like the group shot best, second from last. Leonard Bernstein is a very nice red. Robin's Tuition is very nice but my favorite is Celtic Vein's. The form is very nice and I love the color! Marg

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Yes, we're in the boats too. Rain every day...but it beats drought. Leonard Bernstein is my pick.

kay

• shive
    10 years ago

You have so many pretty daylilies, but I just keep going back to that photo of the Astilbes. They obviously love the site where they are planted. It looks like you have a lot planted there. I tried to grow those when I had a lot of shade, and very few ever made it more than two years so I gave up on them.

Now about the daylilies, I love the photo of Bahama Butterscotch with the little girl statue in the background. Early Days is a gorgeous pink bitone, and Robin's Tuitition looks fabulous with roses and cleome in the background. Siloam Pink Midget with its patterned eye is adorable.

Stay dry if you can!

Debra

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Your Astilbes are gorgeous and so is your hydrangea. Of course the daylilies are beautiful! I think I will go with red. Leonard Bernstein is my pick today.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow on the butterscotch flower, so nice!! also love all those astilbe's wish I could grow such here, but too too hot in OK.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Leonard Bernstein. Celtic Veins, and Robin's Tuition do it for me this time. Oh, those beautiful blue hydrangeas--that go with the beautiful blue delphs that we in the south love and can't grow. At least, you can keep us happy with your pictures of blues. Avedon

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oH GEEZ, celeste, wish I oculd have just a little of that rain hereThe weather channel has showed 3 times already that we would have a chance for thunder storms for a week, but, then, the next day they change the forcast to nO RAIN here.You sure got som, e pretty blooms, in spite of all the rain.LOve that Early Days. That's gorgeous.Have never seen Celtic Veins, before, and its a beauty. but my favorite
    is Leonard Bernstein . that's gorgeous. and so is the one APPLE BLOSSOM. That's a beauty, too.They are all very pretty.

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

OMG, have an astilbe envy right now lol The heat and drought destroyed mine last year, some miraculously survived but I guess will soon be finished off by yet another dry summer.
    Daylilies look great in spite of weather conditions! Nice pic of Bahama with a girl. My faves are Early Days and s.Apple Blossom. I also like that pic with daylily and lilies in front of what looks like a shady bed

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

The sea of astilbes is breathtaking. I've always considered them difficult and transitory. Robin's Tuition has great branching. Leonard Bernstein has been too vigorous here, growing like a weed.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a awesome group of daylilies even in spite of the rain they all are beautiful especially Siloam Apple Blossom, I've always admired a lot of the Siloams but they don't grow well in FL.
    Linda