Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A few of the latest photos

organic_kitten
9 years ago

I haven't taken any photos in several days, but just uploaded these last ones last night.

Indian Giver: I almost lost this one, but moved it to better "rea; estate," and it is fine. This is a rebloom:

Lucky Streak is still blooming:

Lily Dache is a good late bloomer:

Ruby Lipstick has been blooming for a while too:

Citrix: First bloom May 17th. Last bloom July 23rd. rarely any day without at least one bloom in between:

Golly Galore:

Bella "helping" me in the garden. She follows me everywhere, steals a glove and wrestles with it if I drop one, and attacks my hand when I groom the plants. I suppose she thinks she is hiding.

Hard Times always seems to have a number of blooms:

Indian Ripple still blooming:

And Moses in the Bullrushes:

kay

Comments (14)

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I've always liked Indian Giver, but I've tried it 4 different times here & it has always died. Admittedly, once was entirely my fault. Most daylilies seem to do okay here, but there are some that struggle. I have good draining soil, I add compost to it & it never was heavy clay like lots of areas here.
    Sorry, got off track. Lucky Strike is always attractive with that midrib. Citrix is going to have to make it to my garden one of these days, the more raves I hear about it, the more I gotta have it. It's a looker too. Indian Ripple is another one. What time do you go to bed? Maybe I need to head over about midnight :) Sorry, that probably wasn't funny to some people, I've heard it actually happens. And if it does happen to you, NO, it wasn't really me. Although you might get suspicious if Bella goes missing at the same time, she's very pretty. I've been moving iris, my 2 kittens have been a BIG help at that. HA!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey you forgot, I'm am doing always with a number of daylilies, and Jazz after Five is the only one I had lost that I have replaced. It is currently growing in a pot, but there is a place for it later this summer. Bill Maryott has Citrix for $12 right now, and Sterret gardens has Indian Giver for $8, so they are not high priced plants...but I do love both of them.

I learn when someone gets off track. The main thing I do for my beds is weed them as much as possible and add some complst and composted manure. My yard is clay, but the daylilies rarely have a problem..Margo Reed Indeed was an exception, she hated it here. Thanks, for looking. You might give Bella back. She is a little minx, and when she catches my hand, the claws are rarely totally sheathed.

kay

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Funny Kay, after reading some of these threads I went to Maryotts site & spotted Citrix. I've been looking through to see what other daylilies I may have to order. Not gonna try Indian Giver again. Final Touch is another one that doesn't like me that seems to do well for others. Margo does terrific here though. Only problem is, all my friends wanted starts so, while she has multiplied nicely, I keep having to give out starts & she really isn't any bigger than when I got it.

• celeste/NH
    9 years ago

First off, I love Bella with those soft blue eyes peeking up through the plants. She is so cute. Indian Giver does excellent here so maybe it likes cooler temps? I love the height of the scapes on Hard Times....how tall is it? Indian Ripple is one that I have coveted and always see on the auction and almost bid on a few times but somehow it hasn't ended up in my garden yet. Golly Galore is so pretty, by golly. Mine hasn't started up here but I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Celeste

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

very nice! I especially like Hard Times. My Indian Giver doesn't seem like it will rebloom this year.

• shive
    9 years ago

It sounds like Bella has warmed up to you now, and she's trying to play when you weed. She is a beauty! My favorites among the daylilies are Indian Ripple and Moses in the Bullrushes.

Debra

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

All the flowers are beautiful, and Bella is too! I got Indian Ripple last summer, and although it looks like it's multiplied a little, no scapes this year. And so I wait until next year! It sure looks wonderful in your picture.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Bella is so cute, nice blue eyes. Lovely flowers, I especially like Indian Ripple and Lucky Streak.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

So glad to see you posting a few photos again. I just love INDIAN GIVER, and I am going to have it one day,(if I live long enough) :) its such a beauty.and so is GOLLY GALORE love them both. and also MOSES IN THE BULLRUSHES is a beauty.I like that ruffled edge it has. andBELLA is so pretty, too. she sounds like this little kitten that took up residence here.This grey stripe female and black baby showed up here a few months ago,and decided they like it here.Couldnt touch the kitten for a long time, but now I have to be oh so careful that it don't make me fall as it stays right at my feet when I go out,and it I stop to pull up a few weeds, then its in play mood. Still cant touch the mama cat, shes scared of her shadow I think, but, she is getting closer and closer to me, when I have a cup of dry food in my handThe kitten will almost attack you to get at the food,and especially if I take a little thing of milk out to it..it wont drink bottled milk, but it would fight anything to get a dab of canned milk, evaporated milk.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Citrix has a long blooming time here too.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for looking, everyone. Ngraham, I always make an order from Maryott. I was afraid I would have to replace Rose F Kennedy, but it is doing beautifully now with three fans. I recommend Citrix very highly. Celeste, she was very skittish around me to start with and can be a little reserved at times, but she loves to play and the roses and daylilies are her campground. She will be mad because I dead-headed the Don Juan at the little landing and she was playing with the Nice little seed balls. golly Galore is another one that blooms a long time. I removed a couple fans of mine because it had started crowding winner's trophy. Twixanddud, it will probably explode with blooms next year. Debra, I spent a good bit of time to attract her. they were all feral to begin with, She and Gus get bites of roast and chicken as well as their regular canned food. Favorites of mine too nat4b. We have elderly cats and elderly chihuahuas so i keep those for them to get pills or to tempt their fickle appetites. Jean, the cats are so much fun, aren't they. Bells especially follows me all over the garden. Mantis, that says it is a good one if it does well for you in your location and me in mine.
    kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Bella is such a cutie and looks like a great garden companion. Indian Ripple has always been a nice late and looks gorgeous in your photo.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Chris. Bella is becoming a scamp. Love having her around although I need to have my gloves on, she plays a little rough. Indian Ripple is a champ.

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

INDIAN RIPPLE is very intriguing in the colors. Nice group. Love the Bella story.

Julia