Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few more from yesterday

Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 10:19

Does anyone know how to get rid of earwigs? They are awful this year. Anyway here's my latest. Marg
Cimarron Knight, FFO
Photobucket

Beautiful Edgings, FFO
Photobucket

Smokey Mountain Autumn
Photobucket

Eyeliner lily, who doesn't seem to want to get the black pencil line edge on it.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more from yesterday

You will greatly reduce your earwig population if you live-head at night instead of waiting until the next morning to deadhead. I've done this for years and almost never see earwigs now.

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 12:30

Thanks for the tip. When we let the dogs out at night, we open the door a crack and then have to slam it to knock off any earwigs. Earwigs have been so bad this year we've had to resort to spraying around the house.

o

Beautiful daylilies and lily. I hate earwigs but have no idea how to get rid of them. Beautiful Edgings is my favorite.

o

I don't know what an earwig is. That's probably the only pest I don't have. Very nice photos!

Debra

o

Nice pic of Beautiful Edgings. I can't imagine deadheading all my lilies every day. I think Julia does in New York, as well as Floota. Who else does?

o

Beautiful Edgings is beautiful :) Mine usually does that lower sepal sticking out too, but it doesn't bother me like with other daylilies.
Debra, you are lucky! My DH says that they didn't know what an earwig was just a few years ago. They are nasty looking creatures.
Marric there was a thread here on GW actually titled How to get rid of earwigs, IIRC. Maybe you can find it.
I livehead once in a while, did regularly last year, and frankly I didn't notice much difference. They are not only in the flower they are at the base between the leaves too. Spoiled too many of my pictures.
It would be interesting to see that Eyeliner lily when she applies her makeup

o

I dont know what a earwig is either. some kind of insect but, I have no idea what they look like.That beautiful edgings is gorgeous.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here