Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

More of what is blooming in the rain

celeste/NH
10 years ago

My first post got a little carried away with too many photos! So I had to start another long one...lol. Here are more of what I took out between raindrops. We did have a lull for a few hours yesterday so I could take these. Today it's been drizzling all morning.

Celeste

My borders are nowhere near as spectacular this year due to the rose blooms being ruined but there's still some color.
They look fine from a distance but up close they're riddled with beetle holes and soggy from the rain......

Moussaka, ffo
{{gwi:846278}}

Cheddar Cheese (one of those lilies that appears bright even on a cloudy day)

Tango Passion asiatic lilies

Jolyene Nichole (I love this big pink)

un-named Moldovan seedling

Incendiary

Inherited Wealth, ffo

more asiatics (plant markers lost)

Carolyn Hunt, ffo

Coyote Moon, ffo

Comments (12)

• FlowerGardener
    10 years ago

Celeste you never post too many pictures for me. I love looking at photos from your garden. The views of your garden are just outstanding.

• blondiesc
    10 years ago

Your borders are stunning!

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

The roses sure look great in the pictures. Can't see any imperfections! Daylilies and lilies looking great too. My favorite is Cheddar Cheese. I just love that glowing golden yellow color.

• shive
    10 years ago

I think your borders look magnificent! They are beautiful blend of colors, textures and shapes. Jolyene Nicole is my favorite of the daylilies. I also like Moussaka, which I've never seen before.

Debra

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Them roses may be eaten up with holes in them, but the pictures of them are gorgeous. cant see no holes. just beauty. all the blooms are gorgeous, and I just love them lily blooms..Jolyene Nichole is a beauty.

jean

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Gorgeous borders, Celeste. You have tremendous talent to pull them together like that!
    The roses and lilies are beautiful and I like your Carolyn Hunt Daylily. Your pictures are always enjoyable. I love to see them, the more the merrier.
    kayt

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Your borders look spectacular!
    Asiatics look really nice. My favorite daylily is Incendiary. Does it open well for you? I also pick Moldovan seedling and Cheddar Cheese.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Your borders just look wonderful. You are probably the only one looking at beetle holes, everyone else is looking at the wonderful flowers. Your lilies are very pretty, mine are mostly finished now, I did notice Black Beauty blooming this afternoon. Your daylilies all are lovely too, my favorite is Incendiary.

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm just getting to responding to you all....so busy!
    Nat, to answer your question, Incendiary always opens perfect for me. No hanging up ever. This is one of my favorite daylilies. It comes back from the winter nice and big and no loss of fans either. Increase is good and it is a healthy plant.
    Debra, Moussaka is brand-new from the Netherlands. It got planted late so I only got a few token blooms but at least I got to see it.
    Thanks for all your comments & for looking.

Celeste

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Your borders are beautiful, I wasn't looking for holes, just gorgeous flowers and I see lots of them. Love everything, Carolyn Hunt is interesting looking, have to check that out that one. Remember this, you can never post too many pictures here. Avedon

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Oh great to know this about Incendiary. I got it last summer and it sent up scapes and bloomed. The flowers were very nice. Yet winter set it back and it's a smallish plant now and no blooms.
    I was also glad to read that your Lav.Heartthrob is doing good. Mine has only 8 buds this year.

• User
    10 years ago

Spectacular borders. Lovely.