Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Posting on Sunday from a few days back

organic_kitten
9 years ago

I've reached the point of taking only unusually good scenes now. Preparing to remake some areas again.

Here is Bella Lugosi: I have never had the beautiful clumps before this year:

Last Aslon bloom for the year:

Westbornes sunset Romance has done well :

Tree Turtles:

Trahlyta:

Tall ships:

Salty Skipper:

Big Sur:

Bird Talk has had an exceptional year:

Bella now follows me around the garden. She is still standoffish, and does not yet accept petting, but when I offer treats, she takes tem from my fingers, and will even climb up on my legs (I am sitting on a stepping stone) repeatedly to be closer to the treats.

kay

This post was edited by organic_kitten on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 11:51

Comments (16)

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Kay, I am so loving your pictures, I think they are all outstanding, hard to have favs. The clump of Bela Lugosi is wonderful, and so is Salty Skipper, Trahlyta, and Tree Turtles. I really need to check some of these out on AHS, find out more about them. Your kitty, Bell, is a beauty, too.
    Avedon

• User
    9 years ago

Beautiful. I would like one of each - alas no room. I especially like Tall Ships. I could use a Bell in my yard. Since I lost my dear cat Juanita this spring, I have more critters than I want nibbling on things in my garden.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks much, Avedon and hostabuff. Avedon, I had so missed your lovely photos of all your beautiful plants it is wonderful to have you if only for a little while. Bella (I left the a off from my usual carelessness) has come into my garden, a feral cat. an apparent litter mate, Gus, showed up first.

He got over being shy very quickly, unlike Bella, but I am working at taming her with treats and regular feeding. There will soon be a set back because we plan to trap her in a Havaheart trap this week and have her neutered since a male cat has begun hanging around her, so can't wait.

For some reason, my garden has always attracted a lot of cats, but first Gus and, now Bella stayed around.

Hostabuff, there are many kittens or cats who would be very happy to handle your critter problem. too many people don't spay and neuter...I'll get off my soapbox and thank you again for looking and commenting.

kay

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Gus is the prettiest of all. Love his colors.Bella Lugosi is my favorite of the b looms today. Gosh that's a beautiful clump of blooms.Got to have that.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Tree Turtles looks impressive on those tall scapes. Tall Ships and Aslon are standouts too. I assume Tall Ships is on rebloom. Bella looks so comfortable there on the bench.

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

All are beautiful. Keep posting.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Jean and Ikayd. Mantis, Tall Ships is just now blooming. It is a very late one along with Tree Turtles. Tree turtles is tall enough to please anyone, I suspect, and I noticed Bill Maryott had Aslon for jut a few dollars. It is a very nice plant in my opinion.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Hey, if more people listened to your speech on the soapbox there wouldn't be so many homeless animals running around. I say the same thing too about microchiping at least your dogs. Even our local pound now wands the cats/dogs before putting them down. It can save a life and it's relatively inexpensive. Saved the life of an escaped cat I knew (not mine)...........Off my soapbox too.....I love the names people come up with in the daylily world. Tree Trutles? How unique is that! My favorite is Trahlyta. One of these days I'll buy her to see what the heck kind of color that is. Reminds me of Debra's Teddy Bear Picnic..........Great that Bella is becoming more accepting of you. Hope the spaying goes well......Maryl

• deangreen
    9 years ago

great grouping in the first photo and the salty skipper!! I also like the westbourned flower. I can't WAIT to get my Westbourne order this fall with W. Ol Mining Camp!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Tall Ships looks gorgeous, and I also like the pic of the clump of Bird Talk. Your cats are very cute.

Linda

• celeste/NH
    9 years ago

Kay, I wanted to tell you that even though I never have had time to comment on all your beautiful posts I have enjoyed them. I try to make time late at night to check out this forum even if I don't get to bed at a reasonable hour because this has always been my favorite 'hangout'. I miss posting but am enjoying yours and everyone else's photos and comments. I love the kitties too! I miss my two who passed last year but I still have Zeus who is my indoor-only baby. I'm so glad you are taking such good care of Bella and Gus. All of your daylilies here are lovely but my favorite would have to be Salty Skipper.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Maryl, so many Woodhenge intros have interesting names, don't they? That is another soapbox of mine too. Take Care of your animals! Thanks, Linda. I need to wall off the garden, because it is a cat attraction for some reason.

Celeste, it is so great to hear from you! You are much missed, and I miss your beautiful rose photos too. I hate that you lost your two cats. Lily was gorgeous. Zeus is a wonderful cat, as you already know. such a beauty. We all know you have your hands full and I think of you often. Try to take a few minutes for yourself when you can, dear one.

kay

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I love all your photos today, there is just something about each one that is so beautiful. That really is an outstanding clump of Bela. Bela Lugosi always does well for me, but hasn't done so well this year. Westbornes sunset Romance is a gorgeous color, & I always love Salty Skipper. Tall ships is a stunner. I'm glad you are making headway with Bella, she is so pretty. I adopted 2 kittens about a month ago, but almost adopted a Siamese mix. Always wanted one, but the shelter wanted her to go with her brother, who seemed to have attitude. Love the 2 I got though. They have to go in tomorrow for their "surgery". I hate to have them go through that, but I'm a believer in spaying/neutering. You really see the need when you go to the shelter & see all the homeless animals there.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So right, Nancy. Bella has finally tolerated petting (not loved but tolerated) Gus comes and wallows in my lap. Need to get both of them tended to right away.

kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I love every one of these! Tall Ships is new to me and probably my favorite of the group. So happy you still have plenty blooming.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Nice clump of Bela Lugosi! Actually all the flowers are beautiful, can't pick a favorite.
    Aww, two nice cats adopted you! Good luck with taming the girl.