Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

A correction, peak blooms & garden helpers

celeste/NH
11 years ago

I will never get caught up! This past week was peak here which meant hours in the garden watering, deadheading and taking hundreds of photos, most of which I haven't had time to upload. I will have to spend the next month or two just organizing them but at least I won't run out of things to share long after the blooms are gone.

I will kick off this first post of many to come with a correction about the identity of a daylily I posted previously. Last fall I planted a huge order from Maryott which was their spider collection. I must have mixed up two of the labels because Heavenly Fire Arrow turned out to be Scarlet Pimpernel and vice-versa. Thanks for looking!

Celeste

This is the real 'HEAVENLY FIRE ARROW'...

{{gwi:846503}}

This is what bloomed first and was incorrectly labeled as Heavenly Fire Arrow & turned out to be 'SCARLET PIMPERNEL...

I have photos from the beginning of July that I haven't had time to upload, so I am weeks behind in posting pictures. I just randomly selected a few to get started.

There are hundreds more to come!

BERRY PATCH....

LAUGHING LION...

HEARTS AND FLOWERS (with Freedom's Triumph)...

LONGLESSON SUMMER GIFT....

SMUGGLER'S FIRE....

GEORGE JETS ON....

INHERITED WEALTH...

OCEANS ELEVEN...

GARDEN HELPERS....

FAT CAT NEMO, at work and relaxing (haha)

LILY, taking her job at rodent control very seriously...

ZEUS, begging to go out and play...(he's an indoor cat but we take him on a leash since he's my 'baby')

with my oldest daughter, GRACE....

and my 2 yr. old grandson, Connor who loves my daylilies...

Comments (13)

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Oh, Celeste, knew there would be so many great pictures from you. Heavenly Fire Arrow and Smuggler's Fire are terrific reds, kind of confused about Scarlet Pimpernel, it looks purple to me. Longlesson Summer Gift looks ginormous, and Hearts and Flowers is a beauty, as are all the rest. Love, love, love all the kitty pictures--Fat Cat Nemo is a good helper, and glad to see Lily. She is a lovely one, and Zeus, naturally, another beauty. Fab picture of your daughter with Zeus, and Connor is headed in the right direction with a love of daylilies. Avedon

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANKS Avedon! Scarlet Pimpernel appears as dark reddish-purple in my semi-shaded garden. I am sure when it is grown in full sun it will appear more red (scarlet). Or maybe it is my soil ph because some dark red roses will take on a purple hue here and anything that actually IS purple will be so dark it is almost black.

Here's another photo of Scarlet Pimpernel when the sun was on it....here it looks more 'scarlet'.

Celeste

• shive
    11 years ago

The daylily photos are all fantastic. My favorite pic is of Hearts and Flowers and Freedom's Triumph. Both of those have gorgeous blooms. I don't know Laughing Lion, but I really like it too. All the cat photos are wonderful. You can tell each of your three felines has a very distinct personality.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Celeste, the garden is just stunning as ALWAYS!!! All the daylilies are too beautiful to pick just one. And I love the kitties, especially FAT CAT NEMO. Mainly because he makes me laugh.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

SCARLET PIMPERNEL reminds me of a UF version of LAURA HARWOOD. Nice picture. Your INHERITED WEALTH looks very similar to mine and how it blooms here. Lovely photo.

Julia

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, and beautiful garden helpers. That is an excellent photo of Inherited Wealth, and Freedom's Triumph looks good in the background.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Scarlet Pimpernel gets my vote for sure. Fat Cat Nemo and Lily are looking great!...Ellie

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

The daylilies are great. fantastic, but you know my favorite of these is the kitties, FAT CAT NEMO looks like hes taking his job very serious in the first picture ,, then he got tired and has to rest. LILY is so pretty. and of OURSE ZEUS is a beauty.I bet he loved to get outside and feel the grass under his feet and toes. I love his front feet, looks like a boxer. hes gorgeous.

jean

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Stunning Daylilies and it's good to see Fat Cat Nemo and Lily are on the job. Zeus is looking great to making sure he keeps the others on the job.
    Linda

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, and that's a great shot of Inherited Wealth. Check on your George later, mine is building buds this year!
    Love all the cat pictures! And my favorite is FC Nemo sleeping - "so... tired" :))

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

The lily colors are all vibrant. They must like that cooler air. Just like people, some cats are hardworking; others, well,a bit on the lazy side. They are all beautiful, and I am sure Nemo doesn't appreciate your showing the flabby underside.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I love the red ones. And the cats. Lily is such a beauty, and Fat Cat Nemo is a card, but Zeus is a prince among cats.
    kay

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just popping in to say 'THANKS' to all of you for your comments!
    The kitty family thanks you as well! They do indeed have very different personalities. Lily is very vocal, high-strung and a keen hunter who prefers to be outside. She is also 14 yrs. old so she's getting boney and crabby...LOL.
    Fat Cat Nemo is just a big loveable teddybear, very laid-back and friendly. I think you can all see for yourselves that his favorite pastime is eating & sleeping. But he does make us laugh a lot, especially when we find him asleep in some ridiculous pose. Zeus craves human contact and is the most loving furbaby I have ever had. He has to be with me at all times, on my lap or sleeping on my pillow at night and is very quiet and serene. He stares into my eyes as if he does indeed love me as much as I love him and he is very smart.

Debra, 'Laughing Lion' is brand-new for me this year and I love it. It is an introduction by Christine Weitz from Gladsome Gardens in NY. I bought several of her intros this year.

Thanks to all,
    Celeste

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting