Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Season beginning up North

Posted by annececilia z5a/N.Michigan (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 10:50

I've been lurking quite a while - learning a lot and drooling over your photos. A year and a half ago I moved and began a whole new garden from scratch. Many of my daylilies were dug from the old garden and held over last winter in pots until I could figure out where to plant them. All of them made it into the ground this spring and I can't believe the bounty of scapes that are coming up. These are such amazing (and forgiving) plants! Here are the first four to open buds - just this morning.

Bela Lugosi:
Hosting provided by FotoTime

Flutterbye:

Isolde:

And Lilting Belle:

Thanks for looking!
Anne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Season beginning up North

Annececilia, You are so right, they are forgiving. You are off to a good start. I especially like Flutterbye. Such a pretty color, and it does put you in mind of a butterfly. Nice color on Lilting Belle too.

kay

o

Bela Lugosi and Flutterbye are so pretty! It looks like all of these easily made the transition to their new home.

Debra

o

Anne,
Isn't iit nice to finally have blooms after looking at everyone else's beauties.
Flutterbye and Lilting Belle are the two that catch my eye today.
Thanks for sharing.
Flora

o

Hi Anne , I am new to this sight and really enjoying it. I am quite a distance west of Chicago so we may have similar conditions. Everything was slow coming up this year. I got a Flutterbye this spring and it bloomed about a month after it got planted, just loved the flowers. Mine was a lighter shade than yours but it came from a different zone, see what happens next season.

Sherry

o

You're right about daylilies being forgiving. I once had one flower on top of the driveway where I'd forgotten I'd left it the year before.

Beautiful purples. I don't think they come any better than Bela Lugosi.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here