Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Some Favorites from the Weekend

maximus7116
10 years ago

Things are finally getting into full swing in Michigan. Some favorites that bloomed recently include:

CLAUDINE'S CHARM, always near the top of my list:

WORLDS COLLIDE has sparse blooms here but I love that watermark:

INHERITED WEALTH is a much improved performer this year:

JOHN KARL SEAGER, not the best performer but I love the flower:

HALF MOON KEY, always a great pink with tons of blooms:

FESTIVE FALL, another of the best performers here:

ARCTIC LACE:

Chris

Comments (16)

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

HALF MOON KEY is my favorite, such a nice pink. ARCTIC LACE is lovely as always. Marg

• shive
    10 years ago

Beautiful daylilies! My favorites are John Karl Seager and Arctic Lace. The color on JKS is just so delicious! I thought I bought JKS from Darryl Apps several years ago. The color was right, but the bloom and the scapes were too small. I finally got it identified as Roaring Fork, a Hanson that has JKS as the pollen parent.

Debra

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Love Arctic Lace and Festive Fall especially

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful, no wonder these are favorites. I think I like CLAUDINE'S CHARM and FESTIVE FALL the best.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I really like Festive Fall, Claudine's Charm, and John Carl Seager the best. Your blooms are really beautiful, Chris.
    kay

• TNY78
    10 years ago

I'm also loving John Karl Seager! Such a pretty shade of lavender! Festive Fall is also outstanding!

Tammy

• User
    10 years ago

They are all so lovely. I really like Claudine's Charm. I am waiting for it to bloom for the first time here. Artic Lace is just beautiful and Inherited Wealth has a pretty edge too.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Festival Fall is stunning with that color. I got Claudine's Charm last fall and hopefully I get gorgeous blooms like your photo. Maybe your photos enticed me to buy it. LOL.

Do you think all the rain is giving us a much better season? I am of course assuming you've had your share of rain this year like most of us.

Julia

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Claudine's Charm is always gorgeous and Festive Fall looks terrific too. Since you say it's a good performer I think I'll have to check that one out.
    Val

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone!

Debra, I don't grow Roaring Fork but the Tinker's photo does look similar to JKS. This year, JKS is much taller than the 36" height it's supposed to have.

Julia, yes, we've had tons of rain this year. SO much better than last year's weather.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Festive Fall reminds me a bit of Citrix. The last two pictures are a wonderful color combo.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I admire your Claudine's Charm every year, & Festive Fall is gorgeous.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Festive Fall is my favorite. It too reminds me of Citrix. Citrix is blooming here for the first time and while the color is pretty stable, all the blooms so far have melted by mid afternoon or later. This may be a good replacement for it if it doesn't straighten out. So glad to have seen it.........Maryl

• shive
    10 years ago

Chris - Here's Roaring Fork in my garden.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maryl (and Mantis), Festive Fall does remind me of Citrix. Maybe it's that round eye. Citrix used to live here but was too tender, so I sent it a little further south to live. Festive Fall is a terrific performer -- great bud count, the flowers always fully open, and it's had a lot of increase.

Debra, they do look similar. JKS gets plenty of sun here, but has never really taken off. Maybe Roaring Fork is an improvement in that area.

• shive
    10 years ago

Chris - Roaring Fork has exquisite color, and interesting applique throat, and shows pleated petals a couple of times each season. But it's not much of a performer. It may be where I have it planted. None of the daylilies there do very well. I think it's a soil problem.

Debra

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County