Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gothiclibrarian

Happy Anniversary to Me

gothiclibrarian
9 years ago

Last week my husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary and that morning I had a seedling open its FFO as a present...honestly my favorite I've yet gotten from a batch of seeds I bought off the auction in 2012.

Can I share her with you? My seedling, I mean.

Perhaps posed next to one of my very very favorites (Black Fathom Depths)? It was nice and cool for a few days last week and I think that helped to bring out the jewel tones.

Branching...

I'm just a crazy stay-at-home mom who likes to sprinkle pollen, nothing really to see here...

Cheers!
~Anika

This post was edited by gothiclibrarian on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 11:15

Comments (13)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

That is a beautiful seedling! I hope it retains that dark coloring with the green throat, because it's a spectacular combination. Keep us posted, please.

Chris

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

well; its certainly a beauty, for sure.you should be very proud.

jean

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chris, the 2nd flower was not nearly as purple...still richly-toned just different.

A sister to this plant just had its FFO today...it's been fun to watch the 'family' grow and now bloom.

Both photos taken with a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 lens.

Cheers!
    ~Anika

This post was edited by gothiclibrarian on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 14:30

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Happy Anniversary and may you have many more, along with beautiful daylilies. I love your seedling, absolutely luscious. It looks just right with Black Fathom Depths. Avedon

• gonegardening
    9 years ago

Awww, happy anniversary! That is a pretty picture. Enjoy your seedlings...it's very fun to race out each morning to see what's blooming.

• statmam
    9 years ago

What a terrific gift. Both versions are lovely. I especially admire the shot where it is emerging out of the Black Fathom Depths.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

That first shot is stunning! Really like it.
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Congratulations on 15 years together.An achievenment to be proud of. May you have many more anniversaries to come.....Really like your seedling. Such pretty colors. Would like to see what progress this one makes. Is it sunfast/colorfast?..........Maryl

• deangreen
    9 years ago

very pretty rich dark tones! what a nice treat for you. :)

• growgirl
    9 years ago

What a nice surprise! Beautiful flower. I love purples. And both pics of it look great.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Lovely and I like both blooms.

Julia

• shive
    9 years ago

Both seedlings look great! I love the colors! And happy anniversary!

Debra

• gothiclibrarian
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You all are so sweet, thanks very much for the well wishes :D

I think there are still 4 seedlings left from this batch of seeds that haven't yet bloomed for me. I totally blame them for getting me interested in daylilies because I had such ridiculous beginner's luck with germinating and growing them. Though the health of the seeds, I am sure, is just as much care of seller who did the cross to begin with.

Here's a photo of each of them so far.

(This one didn't bloom this year...I hope it is because I moved it and not because it is going to be a winter wimp...it did turn itself into a triple fan, I suppose there's that this year.)

One last pic of my Anniversary one with Black Fathom Depths...who deserves her own post, man I love that wee flower and her crazy productive-scapes.

For fellow nerds: the 1st and 2nd to last photos are with my 13-bladed Helios 44...all the rest are my favorite Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5

Cheers!
    ~Anika

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County