Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Saturday Daylilies

newyorkrita
10 years ago

I did manage to take some pictures. Of daylilies, no veggie pictures today ha-ha.

Late bloomers bed.

Lunar Empire

Ambrosia Rows

Orange Crush

Chicago Apache

Grace Like Rain

Bass Gibson

NO ID lemon yellow that I have had forever.

Pow Wow Wild Berry Coneflowers. These just bloom and bloom and bloom. I love them.

Comments (10)

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

If I didn't already have too many yellows I would definitely buy Lunar Empire.

Edward

• shive
    10 years ago

The late bloomers bed is looking good. I don't usually favor double, but Ambrosia Rows is my favorite today. I like its colors and form. Lunar Empire and Bass Gibson are stunning today too! The Powow coneflowers are blooming so well for you. I have Powow White, but it doesn't seem as floriferous.

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

Ambrosia Rows... moving more and more quickly up and off my maybe list to the GET IT list. ha. nice pics.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Bass Gibson is looking great, and I love the coneflowers. What is the white daylily with the red eye in the photo with Bass?

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

they all very pretty today.Love CHICAGO APACHE. and
    Ambrosia Rows . very pretty. love the color of the cone flowers, but, never have had them because of the drooping peddles.The late bloomers bed is so pretty.Is your row of HEARTS OF FIRE BLOOMING YET?

Jean

• gonegardening
    10 years ago

Glad you're in better spirits today, Rita. There are many days this year when the camera doesn't come out for me, so you are not alone. I remember when I could be outside all day long, no matter the temp. Not any more! Hang in there...and I do enjoy the veggies.

I've not seen Ambrosia Rows before. Very interesting! Very pretty! In the old days, your picture would have sent me out to acquire it, but I am resisting. Ha.

I agree with Edward that Lunar Empire is a lovely yellow.

You did good today, Rita!

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is just that the heat has been oppressive. Well, not the heat but the heat and humidity combined. It is just as hot today, maybe two degress cooler but the humidity is down so I am working in the garden. I am a summer person and I don't mind summer weather until it gets overly oppressive. Yesterday was the worst!

Chris that daylily in the backround is Ruby Shadows.

Jean, Hearts Of Fire has been blooming for weeks and weeks. I think I I posted a picture of it once.

Its only July and that late bloomers bed is blooming. Each year the daylilies seem to start earlier and earlier. I used to have the late bloomers in August but now look. And summers seem to be hotter. Or maybe it's just my old age!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The late bed is looking good. Oddly enough, since I rarely like doubles, Ambrosia Row is very lovely. Grace Like Rain is a beauty, but Bass Gibson is my pick. that's a great photo of it too. Love the coneflowers. That's a favorite color in blooms for me.
    Has it cooled off any yet?

kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I agree that the Pow Wow is terrific. So is Amrosia Rows. Does Lunar Empire ever have opening difficulty, as does its parent (Supreme Empire)?

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Grace Like Rain and Bass Gibson are my favorites of these, thanks for sharing your blooms.