Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Part Two- Multiples On Tuesday

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Another of my garden view type shots showing the Terraces Garden.

Indy Heartbreaker

Inhearted Wealth

Rivendell Twilight a Korth intro

Bold Witness also a Korth.

Face Dancer (left) and Tears For Gus both Korth intros.

Cooler by the Lake (Korth left) with Mandarin Firecracker by Charmaine Rich.

Her Best Bloomers

Soul On Fire

Fear Not

Plum Crazy (purple) with Normans Folly

Westbourne Mountain Home

Wild One has done a lot of blooming for the small clump that it is. I think it's almost done.

Golden Joy lilies are new here. These are some of the ones I planted this spring.

Comments (19)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Cooler By the Lake is lovely, and Fear Not is always a beautiful bloom. And I really like Indy Heartbreaker and Bold Witness, but no matter how many beauties you have (and there are many of them and they are truly beauties), Wild One is the one that stops me every time.

• bigack
    12 years ago

Wild One is nice,Rivendell Twilight, and Indy Heartbreaker are my picks.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kay- Wild One is just about done blooming I think. It did well with blooms this year. You never know exactly what they are gonna look like. The form varies each day. The color is always fabulous.

• Nancy
    12 years ago

They are all great looking daylilies, but I love the pair of Face Dancer and Tears For Gus, I think they look really good together.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

This was one of those posts where I kept thinking I'd found my favorite and then the next one would be just as spectacular so I had to look several times. Every one of them is beautiful, but I'm going with Indy Heartbreaker and Wild One as my favorites.
    Val

• njmomma
    12 years ago

Love too many to list them. Your daylilies seem to love their home.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

There are too many beauties to choose from! Wild One is great, both Soul on Fire and Fear Not are pretty. Love the first picture too, and Her Best Bloomers is a wonderful color, and Normans Folly and W. Mountain Home and all of them are great!

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

One thing about it, you can't pick out favorites with these blooms.They are all just gorgeous. I was studing that first photo, how happy they all look and healthy and so much color.They are truely happy in your gardens.Even the PORTULACA is just gorgeous.I do like several alittle more then others,if that is even possible.INHEARTED WEALTH is so delicate looking,and I love it,and FACE DANCER is different and I love that eye in it.SOUL ON FIRE is so red it looks like its on fire too. BEAUTIFUL BLOOM. and also FEAR NOT is a beauty. and I truely love the WILD ONE. iT has such gorgeous colors with each bloom..The GOLDEN JOY lilies are really beautiful. Have never seen any like them.I really like those.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nancy- Lots of those Korth intros ended up next to each other because I filled up that one bed when it was new with my 2007 Korth collection. Then I add thru the years. Any placements are pure co-incidence. I have moved afew around that I didn't like together or too similiar.

Jean- I try for lots of color as I like it as you know. I add annuals as they usually work for lots of color.

In the terraces garden I have zinnias in back of the mid batch of daylilies since I made room for them by moving afew daylilies this spring. I like the zinnias there.

And upstairs in the Korth daylily bed, it is back to being the snapdragon bed. I had the snaps there afew years ago but then the daylilies grew in and there was no room to plant snaps. But I loved the way it looked that year when there was snaps. Last year no annuals there as no room. I wanted them back. So last fall and again this spring I moved out a select few so that there would be pockets of room to put the snapdragons. It worked out perfectly.

And thank you all for your kind comments.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

I know you hear this all the time, bit your terraces really are incredible.
    I like how inherited wealth has a few colors marbling around the edges and such.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The teraces were increadably necessary. By the time I had gotten the daylily crazies lots of easy to plant areas were used up with other garden plantings. But because my yard is so multilevel, I had so many hills. I really tried to plant on them at first but soon found it didn't work. The plants died out or did poorly. So I started planning my terraces and retaining walls.

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Gee Rita, you look like your nearing peak bloom already. Lovely photos as always. Enjoy your garden.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, it really did sneak up on me. I didn't expect as much bloom as quickly. The snapdragon bed upstairs and the plateau are definately at peak. Other beds are behind. But it looks great.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

I think you mean INHERITED Wealth. I guess I'm not the only one who makes typos. Is Inherited Wealth quite consistent for you? Cooler by the Lake looks interesting and sounds enticing.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, opps! Yes, I did mean INHERITED WEALTH. It's color is all over the place but it is a good grower and bloomer.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Love INDY HEARTBREAKER and FEAR NOT. Also love the sprinkling of snapdragons. But the portulaca border in front of the dayily medly is a very happy place and makes me smile. Also your choice of pinkish/terra cotta stones for your retaining wall gives the whole display a sense of line (OK, now I had to scroll all the way back up there to look again so I could figure out exactly what to say, scroll, scroll, scroll...) and strength. You must just want to stand there and stare at it all.
    Christine

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christine-

Those terra cotta colored blocks were chosen because they were easy to work with and readily available from home depot. They do come in afew colors but I liked this color best so have used it all around the garden. Plus I think it is closest to a brick color, which is what I like.

I had Portulacas in a border in two places last year and liked it so much that I decided to put it in the terraces this year. I always put annuals in that front middle section as I want color all season long. But sometimes I have to water a lot. Don't have to worry about the portulacas and they do just keep on blooming. I LOVE them.

I also love having the snapdragons back in that daylily bed upstairs. They do add an aweful lot of color and start before the daylily blooms and still bloom long after daylily season.

• Jeanne
    6 years ago

I love Indy Heartbreaker. I looked in the AHS database and don't see it listed. Is the spelling correct?

• mantis__oh
    6 years ago

I think it should be Indy Heart Throb. It was a very inconsistent flower for me.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler