Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Showey Saturday Bloomers Part Two

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Ida Mae Norris FFO. This was new for me last spring.

Woman At The Well (Emmerich)

Willow Dean Smith FFO

Apache War Dance FFO. It is awefully early to start blooming this year.

Tikal Maid

You Are My Sunshine FFO. This is the one I found instant rebloom scapes on.

Ashwoods Magic Crystal FFO. This is one of the Richard Norris intros (along with Ida Mae Norris and others) I planted last spring. I knew it had sculpting and decided to try it anyway. I don't like the sculpting :-(

Tax Man Bill. Like this one much better than AMC.

On Line continues to deliver lots of flowers.

Westbourne Strawberry Iceing

Westbourne Bubbling Over with nicer flowers than the FFO had been.

Westbourne Red Eye Gravy twins.

Westbourne Butterfly Season has been outdoing itself this year.

Comments (14)

• bigack
    12 years ago

Butterflu Season is so unusual, and I like Strawberry Icing, and Willow Dean Smith.

• houstmag
    12 years ago

WB Butterfly Season is my favorite I just might have to add it to my list.
    Linda

• jkayd_il5
    12 years ago

I like Woman at the Well and Red Eyed Gravy. Two I would like to get someday. I'm slowing down, only added two this year and even got rid of a couple. Love that green throat on Strawberry Icing. Judy

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Okay, Rita, just finished cleaning the refrigerator, and guess what my reward is this time? More stunningly beautiful pictures from you. I just can't get over the colors on your daylilies. They are so vibrant. There's no way to pick a favorite, I just sit here and marvel at all of them. Well, maybe I must mention a few of them. The WB's continue to shine for me, especially Butterfly Season. Avedon

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Apache War Dance and Tikal Maid are really catching my eye here (and of course, the elusive WB Butterfly Season)

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Westbourne's Butterfly Season is my pick of these. I like the colors! Of course, woman at the Well is lovely, and I like Westbourne's Strawberry Icing.
    kay

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Great Looking blooms, Rita. I just love WILLOW DEAN SMITH.Beautiful bloom.Love Westbourne STRAWBERRY ICING,too.OH MY Goodness,W.BUBBLING OVER and W,BUTTERFLY SEASON is gorgeous.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Avedon - I get such a kick out of you rewarding yourself for various chores by coming to see my pictures.

• anniegolden
    12 years ago

Oh goodness, there are quite a few in this bunch that appeal to me a lot. W BUTTERFLY SEASON is stunning, the amber color is so different, and the shape of it is sort of like a big friendly pansy. W RED EYE GRAVY twins are adorable. I love the pale clear greenish yellow. Love the TIKAL MAID clump, am going to have to go look that one up. WOMAN AT THE WELL is amazing. You'll think I'm a little batty, but it looks like the flower is yearning. All in all, this is my favorite bunch of any of your posts.
    Christine

• luvgardening_ma
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing more pics. Love Woman at the well, Westbourne Butterfly Season and Westbourne Strawberry Icing. You have some beauties newyorkrita.

Marlene

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Lots of stunners again. Love Woman At The Well, of course I thought when I saw it, this can't be beat. But I love Willow Dean Smith, On Line, Westbourne Strawberry Icing, & of course, Westbourne Butterfly Season. Your Tikal Maid looks great too.

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

I think my favorite is Willow Dean Smith, but then I do love that big dramatic eye zone on Butterfly Season, and if You Are My Sunshine has instant rebloom maybe that's my favorite. They are all fabulous as usual.
    Val

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

Wow!. I can hardy wait for WOman at the Well and On Line to bloom for me after seeing your pics. I planted them this spring. What a very nice unusual collection of beauties. cheers, lloyd

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Christine- Thanks. My posts are just a jumble of whats blooming with I think I have lots of extra pretty daylilies :-) Tikal Maid is a Bryan Culver intro. You can find his daylilies thru Melanie Mason upstate NY.

Thank you everyone!