Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Friday Bloomers

newyorkrita
12 years ago

Right side front yard taken from the sidewalk.

Bob Marley FFO. I love this one with so much color.

Westbourne Ollen Marie Kirby FFO

Intelligent Design (Emmerich). I love this one because of that bold big eyed design.

So Many Stars seems much more yellow than previos years.

Shark Attack, one of my Shooters, has been putting out these perfect saturated blooms. Last year it was a paler version and didn't look like this at all.

Shining Like The Sun twins (Korth)

Paint The Town Red is in the slope garden.

Giggle Creek (Culver)

Cherry Berry

Kisses Like Wine started weeks ago and (as usual) is still going strong. This one is a fabulous bloomer.

Lovely White Trumpet Lilies

Closeup of some snapdragons that are in one of the upstairs daylily beds. They really add lots of color.

Comments (14)

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Your usual gorgeous pictures of gorgeous flowers. I'll pick Bob Marley for its color and Kisses Like Wine for its performance.
    Val

• flower217
    12 years ago

Very impressive pictures - just beautiful!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I really like that last picture with the snapdragons.
    Now, let me see, I like Shining Like the Sun, Shark Attack, & Intelligent Design. I like your picture of So many Stars too, better than mine I think. Yours seems so much more vivid.

• crackingtheconcrete
    12 years ago

Wow!! Love those yellow snapdragons!! They look extra fluffy!
    Bob Marley is my favorite eye candy today!

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

Just finished cleaning house, so it is reward time. All I have to do to go to the Daylily Forum and click on anything Rits has posted. I am swooning with all the beautiful flowers. Everything is a favorite, but I just might lean toward your WB and Paint The Town Red. Avedon

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Intelligent Design caught my eye. What kind of snaps do you grow? There are so many varieties with different heights.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Val, flower and cracking.

Nancy- It is funny but I prefer your paler version of SO MANY STARS to mine with its yellow tinge. I think it is because I am used to seeing it paler than it is this year.

Avedon- Why an extra thank you to you. That is so nice to say :-)

mantis- I buy my snapdragons by the flat at the local nursey. I think these are Rocket Mix. I don't want them too tall but the really short six inch types don't work either. I really like snap dragons.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Your garden is lovely as always, Rita. I think Giggle Creek is my choice today.
    kay

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    12 years ago

Shark Attack and Paint The Town Red. Must be having a red day.........All are beautiful......just adding to my wish list! ;)

• nat4b
    12 years ago

You have so many beauties every day! I like Paint the town red, Shining like the Sun and Intelligent Design most!
    Also like the snapdragons closeup
    And unlike Avedon, I go to the forum first! Almost forgot how to clean the house and cook :)

• maximus7116
    12 years ago

I love the bold look of Shark Attack, and you have to tell me who the pretty red watermark belongs to in your photo of Intelligent Design.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

nat- No house cleaning going on much around here in the summertime. Especially during bloom season. Between garden work and picture posting, I just pretty much ignore those dust bunnies.

maximus- I love this version of SHARK ATTACK, I hope it stays like this forever. And the red watermarked daylily with INTELLIGENT DESIGN is your favorite MAN OF SORROWS.

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

WOW!! More beauties.SHARK ATTACK is so pretty. PAINT THE TOWN RED is my favorite,I think:).Love the white Trumpet lilies.I like that the blooms point out instead of down or up. Can see the blooms better.Your Snapdragons are very pretty, too. They wont grow here.Too hot for them.

Jean

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jean- The snapdragons have worked out really well for me to add extra color in that one daylily bed. I also have a row of snapdragons planted out front in front of those little belgium block mini terraces I have out there. It looks good.