Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

A few more pictures

marricgardens
11 years ago

Some of these are still going strong but there are some FFO. Marg

Scatterbrain has done very well for me.

{{gwi:762113}}

I think I posted this before but mitakenly called Eyes that See, it is Helen Shooter AKA Me and My Shadow.

{{gwi:852389}}

Africa is doing very well despite not getting any direct sun until later in the afternoon.

{{gwi:852390}}

Give Me Eight, FFO. The catalogue description is greenish white. It is more pale yellow with a hint of green. The flower is 9".

{{gwi:852391}}

Highland Lord, another FFO

{{gwi:762114}}

This is a picture of my seedling bed. The flowers are almost done but the coneflowers are doing great this year.

{{gwi:852392}}

Comments (10)

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Give Me Eight is my favorite. Also the coneflowers in your seedling bed look lovely. I am very fond of them and the Shasta Daisies...Ellie

• nat4b
    11 years ago

So nice to have FFOs. Love the giant poly on Give me eight, and Africa looks good. Love the first pic of Scatterbrain with blue and yellow flowers!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Very nice pictures, I like AFRICA, love these dark ones, too.the last picture is so pretty.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Those must be primroses, that we can see only in photos. that makes the first one my favorite, but Give Me Eight is a beauty as well.
    kay

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    Kay: the blue and yellow flowers behind Scatterbrain are Convolvulus. They do look like Primroses don't they?
    Unfortunately primroses don't survive here.

Ellie: the white flowers are also coneflowers, White Swan. Guess I should move them so they don't cross pollinate.

Nat4b: GME is my new favorite. Wish I had ordered 2 of them.

Jean: I just love echinacea in the garden. They're usually covered with butterflies.

Marg

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Love the view of the seedling bed with the coneflowers.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Love the first picture with the convolulus. I have grown them before, that exact same color, very vivid. Love Give Me Eight, really neat. Your garden picture is a beauty, and everytime I see coneflowers, I always wish I could grow them here. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Marg, they won't survive here either. those are beauties. Avewdon, might know you would know what they were and would have grown them too! I love those colors.

Avedon, why won't coneflowers grow there? Is it too dry?
    kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I tried growing Morning Glories once (Convolvulous) and had no success. Then I read how invasive they can be, so never tried again. But your Dwarf Morning Glory is so lovely that if it has any wandering ways how bad could that be? Looks lovely with your daylily. As for the daylilies themselves, Africa and Highland Lord are calling to me. Nice.........Maryl

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maryl: the first time I grew them we lived in the city and I grew them in containers as annuals. I gave some seeds to my neighbour and she planted them in a narrow bed between her paved driveway and the house, they reseeded every year. I'm assuming it was because of the warmth generated from the driveway and the house. I've had them here (we moved to a farm) and still grow them, this time in the flowerbeds. I've never had them reseed. I winter sow them each year and they seem to like that. Blue annuals look so nice with the daylilies. Next year I want to grow more. BTW, I forgot to mention Highland Lord is really a bit darker and more velvety looking than in the picture. Marg